Add USPS Insurance?

Highlighted
3 0 3

Does anyone know how to add insurance to USPS shipping? I am using the shopify shipping and I see where you can add the signature verification, but not I can find the option to add insurance to USPS shipments. Please let me know if you have figured this out, I really don't want to go to the post office.

Thank you - Allison

Estatebeads.com/

3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
8 0 0

Hi Allison,

Purchasing additional insurance is not currently possible through Shopify Shipping but it's something we're considering. In the meantime, you can purchase additional insurance directly through the carrier's website. It is also worth knowing that some mail classes are already covered (usually up to $100) by the carrier already. You will see this when selecting the mail service in Shopify Shipping if that's the case.

Cheers,
Kurt

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 9

It's been a year since this.  When are you planning on adding this basic feature that comes with USPS account?  It's working fine in my Quickbooks 2013 interface (ancient!), and I would really like to switch my shipping to my shopify store, but can't without the insurance.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 2

You all can use a third party company like I do for shipping insurance. They are a lot cheaper than USPS. http://www.centinelcorp.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

www.shippinginsurance.shop offers the ability to add in shipping insurance to your checkout. You can even use it as a profit center.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@shippinginsuran wrote:

www.shippinginsurance.shop offers the ability to add in shipping insurance to your checkout. You can even use it as a profit center.

This isn't a valid site.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 14

Let me try to answer this in a comprehensive way. USPS by default provides insurance upto

- $100 for Global express guaranteed

- $200 for Priority International Mail
- $100 for Priority Express mail International

Now, if you are looking to have additional insurance for Global Express Guaranteed, you can purchase upto $2499 barring a few countries that are restricted.

For Priority International Mail, Priority Express mail International you can get insurance beyond $200 and $100 respectively on an additional charge that will be sent along with the shipping cost at checkout and during label generation. To enable this feature the solution that you are using needs to have insurance available. You can try the Multi Carrier shipping label app which allows you to enable insurance as shown in the screenshot.

Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 3.27.12 PM.png

Product Owner @ PluginHive
FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes