Add a fast shipping for one product only

Highlighted
Explorer
57 0 7

Hello everyone

I am dropshipping into the usa and my shop consists of 5 products in the same niche (outdoor sport). the 5 products comes from 5 different suppliers and have free shipping set up (epacket from china). 

However the main traffic (usa) on my website will come for one product that will be advertised through google research and this product will feature a fast shipping rate (7$ because the supplier has a warehouse in usa) as well as the free shipping (epacket).

I want to offer my costumers a way to avoid the 2 long weeks free shipping and be more satisfied, that's a reason why I selected this product.

Can someone help me to configure this? because I can't find an answer in the forums and on google. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
499 55 101

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I understand what you need to do, but unfortunately, this isn't possible currently natively within Shopify. What you'll need to do is contact one of the third-party developers in our app store to query if their advanced shipping applications can deliver this type of per-product shipping functionality.

You can find a list of apps and the developer's contact information here

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
57 0 7

thanks for your help, 

I have another idea, can I configure a 7$ express shipping and free shipping for every product but when people try to order another product than the one I offer fast shipping for they will have a message like "express shipping not available for this product" ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
152 9 34

Hey @JohnWayne,

If you're open to using a third-party app, Intuitive Shipping can definitely handle this for you.

You can create two Shipping Scenarios within Intuitive Shipping, one to surface all rates with the exception of Express that has no conditions assigned to it.  This means that the rates inside this scenario are always available.

You would then create a second Shipping Scenario with a condition to look for products that do not qualify for Express Shipping.  For example Product Tag > Does Not Equal > NoExpress > All products must satisfy this condition.  If any item in the cart has the tag "NoExpress" this scenario will not trigger and no express option will appear for the customer.  If none of the products in the cart have "NoExpress" tags then Express Shipping will be a listed option for the customer to select at checkout.

Unfortunately, Shopify does not yet support the ability for shipping apps to pass messages back to the checkout, so displaying a custom message saying a particular product does not qualify for express shipping is not possible.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
1 Like