Add barcodes to order. Scan them, automatically look up the order in shopify.

Highlighted
Tourist
10 1 2

Hi,
I'm looking for a solution that generates a barcode for each order. And if possible, also a solution that when you scan a barcode, it automatically looks up the order that just have been scanned.

I have searched the app store ect, and noticed there is a lot possible. Most is for inventory ect.

Also found some topics, that were discussing info of adding such systems yourself. But i can't  seem to find how this exactly works.

We own a printing business, we want to add a bar code to each order. When it's done printing, the product can be scanned and the order be found. 

All help is appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hey, did you find a solution to this? We're looking to do the same thing.

@DDHH22 wrote:

Hi,
I'm looking for a solution that generates a barcode for each order. And if possible, also a solution that when you scan a barcode, it automatically looks up the order that just have been scanned.

I have searched the app store ect, and noticed there is a lot possible. Most is for inventory ect.

Also found some topics, that were discussing info of adding such systems yourself. But i can't  seem to find how this exactly works.

We own a printing business, we want to add a bar code to each order. When it's done printing, the product can be scanned and the order be found. 

All help is appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 1 2

No,

We have tried everything.

This is something that can't be done with shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
I have a solved this by generating a bar code based on the order number and adding to our order printer template.

If any one needs this done shoot me an email james@sewmuchcommerce.com and we can make sure it will work for you.
Highlighted
Tourist
10 1 2

Did you generate the barcode in shopify, or copied the order data to a external barcode generator?

And if you scan this barcode, does it search for the matching order in the shopify orderbook?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Did you generate the barcode in shopify, or copied the order data to a external barcode generator? It based on the order number, and the bar code is generated based on a url and displayed as an image on the order print out. 

And if you scan this barcode, does it search for the matching order in the shopify orderbook? To get it to pull up the order, you have to be on the orders pages and scan it in to the search box, or I think the top search bar would work as well. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Do you have a rough step-by-step on how to do it?

@SewMuchCommerce wrote:

Did you generate the barcode in shopify, or copied the order data to a external barcode generator? It based on the order number, and the bar code is generated based on a url and displayed as an image on the order print out. 

And if you scan this barcode, does it search for the matching order in the shopify orderbook? To get it to pull up the order, you have to be on the orders pages and scan it in to the search box, or I think the top search bar would work as well. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi! I was looking for this function as well. Has anyone successfully done this? 

Please kindly guide me too. Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted

The Order Printer Templates app will let you add in templates with barcodes. You just need to buy a $29 template. But you can design it for free to see what it will look like.

0 Likes