Add random number for handiling fee (e.g random number from 1-99)

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, how to add random number for handling fee for every transactions?

I can add my handling fee manually (screenshot below), but i want it generate random number such as between 1-99.

LapakHandmade_0-1600702647570.png

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
116 8 35

Hi, @LapakHandmade!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thanks for sharing your question with us. It sounds as though you are hoping to generate a random number for the handling fee for each transaction? As the flat amount section of handling fees is set to be a specific amount, I would recommend that you take advantage of the percentage markup as seen in your screenshot.

If you choose the percentage option instead, Shopify will automatically calculate x % to be added to the calculated rate. If you use Shopify Shipping to pull live rates, this would result in a unique handling fee addition to each transaction. 

Note: If you include both an additional flat fee and a percentage markup, then the percentage is calculated before the flat fee is added. For example, a $5.00 rate with 50% markup and a $1.00 flat fee costs the customer $8.50, not $9.00.

I trust this would do the trick, but you can always look into an app like Order and Product fees to diversify your price points too.

Please let me know if I have missed or misunderstood anything.

I look forward to your reply,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes