Adding a Local Delivery Option

PBGrocery
Tourist
2 0 1

@Jason_42 I have been trying (very unsuccessfully) to integrate a delivery option on our site as well.  Right now we use calculated rates with shopify for shipping.  I downloaded the free trial with zapiet for "store pick up and delivery", but using this forces me to use their shipping integration which then negates any discounts I get with shopify postage.  do you still ship as well as deliver?  and if you ship, is zapiet calculating the rates, or does it still flow through shopify.  i'm hesitant to download something else from zapiet after the wasted hours I've spent on it.  Thanks for any insight.

0 Likes
Pt2020
2 0 0

Is it possible to add certain items for local delivery and certain items to be shipped?

0 Likes
Ren7
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
687 48 108

Hi @PBGrocery and @Pt2020

To update everyone, Shopify now has a built-in Local Delivery option so you are no longer required to use the workaround I described in my initial response. 

Local delivery can be established as an option only if the following requirements are met:

• All physical products in the cart are eligible for delivery from one location.
  • The delivery location has the inventory available to fulfill the entire order.
  • The customer doesn't choose an accelerated checkout method other than Shop Pay in the first step of the checkout. If the customer pays using Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, or PayPal, then the delivery option is not available.
  • The customer's delivery address can be verified by Google. At checkout, customers can use the dropdown menu of suggested addresses to select a verified address.

Additionally:

The customer's shipping address must be:

• within the designated delivery radius and the same province or state, or within the designated postal codes and in the same country.

You can see the full details and instructions for setting up your own local delivery at this link here

Shopify also has a Local Delivery App that will further enable you to customize your options into order lists and specific delivery routes. Check it out here! 

To answer your questions specifically @Pt2020, you can set up local delivery by Assigning Inventory via this document here. 

Happy to help if you have any questions about getting set-up!

Ren | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Okwuma
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi, I’ve set-up the Shopify local delivery option and it is indeed showing at checkout but, one of my lowest cost shipping options is now no longer showing. I’ve always had two shipping options set up — first class and priority 1-day. I checked and my first class shipping is definitely still set up in Shipping setting. Can you please tell me why my first class shipping option no longer appears once I added the local delivery option? I only added it for a 5 mile radius so I still need the first class shipping option to show up. Any assistance with this issue would be appreciated. 

0 Likes
Ren7
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
687 48 108

Hello @Okwuma

Thanks for reaching out. I understand you're concerned that your first-class shipping option appears to have disappeared once you've added the Shopify Local Delivery option. Without seeing your settings, I can't help too much but in the event that there is a glitch or perhaps user error, I would suggest contacting our live support for a hand as they will be able to gather the full context of the issue and gain the visibility required to assess the problem for you. 

An example of user error would be something not quite lining up with your first-class shipping parameters in the cart. Perhaps the order is too heavy and falls outside of the parameters for the first-class rate. 

You can log in here on our Support page for a hand. I would also suggest reviewing our help documents on setting up your shipping rates and cross-referencing the points to be sure everything is set up correctly - this will be helpful for your Advisor to know when you get connected. Best of luck! 

Ren | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
LolitaDessertCl
6 0 0

I currently have a storefront on Shopify and will be working with an app for local delivery (shipsi for Shopify), but it has a delivery radius restriction. Customers must go through the whole process of selecting items and checkout and only find out in the end if they are eligible for shipping.  

I'm wondering if there is a way we can have customers check eligibility of service/delivery? Perhaps with establishing a webpage with a map so they can entire their address to check if they are within the 10-mile radius, or some sort of pop up. 

I want to see if there is a way to have customers validate their eligibility for delivery before the checkout step. So, if they are not eligible for delivery, they don't go through the whole process thinking it can be delivered and then be disappointed it cannot. 

Do you think this is something that can be accomplished somehow, or have any insight as to what next step I should take? 

0 Likes
Kitty_Zapiet
65 0 1

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in responding - we have only just seen a number of mentions on the forum, going forwards we will get a notification for forum posts and respond much quicker. 

Our app Store Pickup + Delivery can offer an early validation banner on the landing page that allows the customer to check their delivery eligibility along with a host of other great features. The app comes with a 14-day free trial, and we offer free professional set up sessions to new merchants to make onboarding as easy as possible. 

If you need any more assistance or information you can email us at supprt@zapiet.com, you can also start a live chat via the Support tab in the Store Pickup + Delivery app or by visiting www.zapiet.com.

Take care,

Kitty

0 Likes