Adding a Local Delivery Option

Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm very new to the Shopify platform, so forgive me if I'm missing something obvious. We are a very small coffee roaster in Cleveland and our intention is to deliver for free in a handful of our surrounding zip codes. Does anyone here know the best way to accomplish this second "FREE" option in our Shipping section (screenshot below of another Shopify site doing exactly what we need)?

Here's a shot of our current cart:

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 11.19.41 AM.pngAnd if we could simply serve the below option to users checking out using our short list of zip codes, it would be a huge help:

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 11.19.26 AM.png

Any ideas or guidance at all would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jason

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
257 20 42

Hey, there!

My name is Ren from the Shopify support team and I have some suggestions here that may work for you. For local deliveries, you can try utilizing an app called Store Pick up and Delivery by Zapiet.  

This app comes with a whole range of features and most notably, allowing customers to check if their location is eligible for deliveries, postal/zip code validation and delivery time slots. It's very feature heavy, and comes with a cost, but may be suitable for what you need. 

Another option, which is more like the example you posted, involves creating a manual shipping rate, labelling it as "free local delivery" (or whatever you see fit) and utilizing a postal/zip code validation app so only people located in your designated areas will be allowed to check out with that option. You can review a range of options here. I suggest checking out Product Zipcode Validator and Easy Shipping Restrictions. 

To create a manual rate like I described above, check out the steps below: 

Let me know if that's what you were looking for! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Ren!

Thanks so much for your response. To be clear, If i'm able to create a manual shipping rate in the Shopify backend, then integrate an app like this one: https://apps.shopify.com/delivery-rates-by-zipcode feeding it our whitelist of zip codes that qualify for local delivery we'll be able to offer the exact experience I posted above?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
257 20 42

Hey, there! 

Almost right! For this particular app, you can designate the desired rate directly in the app screen. Here's an overview of the instructions: alt

You tell the app which postal or zip codes you want to offer delivery to, configure and name the rates as you'd like them to appear. In my example here I put $0 as the quantifier (which translates to "free" during checkout) and named it "local delivery" with the subtext "local delivery from 2-5pm". 

That should do it. Only customers who place an order from the designated postal/zip codes that you want to offer delivery to will see the option to select it. 

To use this app, you do need to have carrier calculated rates active, as per this information below. If you already have it, you're good to go! If not, check your email as I have forwarded you instructions on how to set that up!alt

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes