Adding a Local Delivery Option

Highlighted
2 0 0

@Jason_42 I have been trying (very unsuccessfully) to integrate a delivery option on our site as well.  Right now we use calculated rates with shopify for shipping.  I downloaded the free trial with zapiet for "store pick up and delivery", but using this forces me to use their shipping integration which then negates any discounts I get with shopify postage.  do you still ship as well as deliver?  and if you ship, is zapiet calculating the rates, or does it still flow through shopify.  i'm hesitant to download something else from zapiet after the wasted hours I've spent on it.  Thanks for any insight.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Is it possible to add certain items for local delivery and certain items to be shipped?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
605 40 90

Hi @PBGrocery and @Pt2020

To update everyone, Shopify now has a built-in Local Delivery option so you are no longer required to use the workaround I described in my initial response. 

Local delivery can be established as an option only if the following requirements are met:

• All physical products in the cart are eligible for delivery from one location.
  • The delivery location has the inventory available to fulfill the entire order.
  • The customer doesn't choose an accelerated checkout method other than Shop Pay in the first step of the checkout. If the customer pays using Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, or PayPal, then the delivery option is not available.
  • The customer's delivery address can be verified by Google. At checkout, customers can use the dropdown menu of suggested addresses to select a verified address.

Additionally:

The customer's shipping address must be:

• within the designated delivery radius and the same province or state, or within the designated postal codes and in the same country.

You can see the full details and instructions for setting up your own local delivery at this link here

Shopify also has a Local Delivery App that will further enable you to customize your options into order lists and specific delivery routes. Check it out here! 

To answer your questions specifically @Pt2020, you can set up local delivery by Assigning Inventory via this document here. 

Happy to help if you have any questions about getting set-up!

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes