Adding a letter or detail to my shipping labels to help fulfill orders

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi all! My store has been growing and I now have a larger volume of sales going out, about 3 variants with multiple combinations. I've been fulfilling orders through Shopify. I first print my shipping labels in bulk, then I append them to each box, but it is a bit tricky to match each label to each corresponding order, as there are different combinations of each.

Is there a way to add an initial/letter to my shipping labels to mark what which customer bought?

For example, if a customer buys a regular size kit + a magnet, I'd add R, M to my shipping label. 

Is this possible to do?

How do sellers larger than me do it? (still managing this in house, our volume is not big enough to outsource it).

thank you!
Julia

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 1 0

Hello @TantrumFix ,

When the fullfillment is done using Multi Carrier Shipping Label will print the order number also on the shipping label. (UPS, FedEx, DHL etc)

Will that not be enough to know which label belongs to which order?  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
sadly not :/
For the time being, I just learned how to sort my orders, so I'm printing 1
batch of same product orders at a time.
It would be nice if the orders page would show product/s purchased as a
column...!

thank you!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 36 74

Hi Julia, 

Ren here from the Shopify support team, happy to help out here. 

It sounds like you would benefit from the use of packing slips to help you determine what items need to go with which shipment. We have a free app called Order Printer which allows you to print packing slips along with invoice and even customize the information you print out. It's even compatible with Shopify POS. Check out our help document here that walks you through how packing slips work. 

It's so awesome to hear that you are undergoing some growth! Nice work. Are you finding any other pain points that we can talk about finding a solution for?

Let me know what you think of that option! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
Hi Ren! thanks for the info, I was just looking into that. I'm currently
not printing order slips... (should I be?) I print my labels with the DYMO
label printer - would this go in the same sticker paper? (printing one
label, one order slip, etc.?)

I think for now sorting my orders and applying filters to group them may
help a bit.

thank you,

Julia
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 36 74

Hi again! 

So a DYMO printer wouldn't print the packing slip and while it's not necessary, a lot of merchants do like to print them and include them when packaging their orders.

A packing slip would print directly from a home printer. If you decide to start adding them to your orders, you could technically print your packing slips in bulk, print your labels in bulk and match them up as you package your orders. Sounds like filters would be a good method too! Let me know what you think of that option,  I'm happy to do more brainstorming with you.

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes