Adding a mandatory phone number on checkout

Solved
1 0 0

I am operating my business in India and courier companies require the customer's phone number in order to confirm deliveries. Some courier companies also require an email address in addition to the phone number. Currently the checkout form only allows me to capture either the phone number or the email address. I went through the support pages but the mandatory phone number field seems to be removed. 
Could you please explain how I can make the phone number field mandatory and also provide and optional email field.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @Perfumebaba,

Hope you are doing well!

I came across you post and there is a field with the name 'Shipping address phone number' that can be made required under Settings >> Checkout.

Please see attached screenshot for better understanding. Hope it helps! Please let me know of any further concerns.Required Checkout setting.png

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: infoperennialsolution@gmail.com
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
102 27 26

Hi @Perfumebaba ,

Dani here from Shopify!

This is a great question and @Perennial is correct. You can actually set both phone number and email to be mandatory in your checkout settings. To navigate here go to Settings > Checkout. On this page in the Customer Contact section, if you'd like email to be optional select the option to let customers checkout with phone number or email. If you'd prefer email be mandatory then select the option that customers can only checkout with email. In the next section, you'll want to ensure that shipping phone number is selected as required.

You can mix these two sections to your liking to make both email and phone number required, or just phone number required with email as optional.

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you don't see these options in your checkout settings. I can take a closer look into your account if needed.

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes

Hi @Perfumebaba,

If you find the comment useful then please like and accept the solution. 

Thanks!

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: infoperennialsolution@gmail.com
0 Likes