Adding a text box for a manual payment?

Highlighted
14 0 0

Hi guys,

My store accepts a certain kind of card that I can process manually with the 16 digit number.

How do I go about adding a text box or some sort of form for my customer to add this number at checkout payment?

The manual payment option doesn't allow for this, and I can't find any checkout file to add the code for it.

Any help or direction would be much appreciated

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 69

Hey Gerter, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

That's definitely a tricky situation! At this time, there's no way to modify the coding of the checkout to add a text box like that. With our regular plans, there isn't any way to change the checkout, however, in this case, I can see how it would benefit you and your business. I'll send this along to my team as feedback for you and maybe this will be something we can be more flexible on in the future. 

In the meantime, I would recommend either adding instructions to your Manual Payment option, letting your customers know to email you with the 16 digit number after placing an order, or you can follow up with these orders directly to find out that number. There's more detail on how to configure your Manual Payment method on this page in our Shopify Manual. 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Ann,

Just wondering if there were any further developments in that enquiry regarding adding a text box for a Manual payment.

I have a similar situation. We are using a Shopify store for one of our corporate clients, they issue Purchase Order #'s that they create through Workday.

They want to be able to enter that PO# into a text box on the checkout page. Is this possible to do.

Thanks in advance.

TD

0 Likes