Adding bar code to receipt

Highlighted
Shopify Expert
71 0 18

HI

In additon to the usual receipt information that is emailed to the customer, I need to include a printed bar code that identifies the order.

Ideally the bar code would include the unique url of the order itself.  It is my understanding that each order created by Shopify has a unique url.  And that's what I need to have included in the bar code.

The purpose of this bar code is so the customer will be able to arrive at a brick and mortar locastion and hand their receipt to the inventory person, they would scan the bar code which will take them to the order so they can then physically give them the product and then mark the order as "fulfilled". 

Thanks,

Rowby

www.Rowby.com
Specializing in Shopify Solutions including CBD
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
635 16 205

Hi Rowby!

Liam here from Shopify - thank you for your question :)

Great to see you are considering different ways to allow your customers to collect their orders and safely ensure the correct orders are being pulled up for customers. While you are correct that each order has a unique URL, there is currently no variable which can be added to the email notifications which would display this unique URL. However it would be possible to add the barcode associated with the product when you include the variable "line.variant.barcode" in the email notification. There is more information on this here.

If you would like to be able to generate barcodes based on the unique URL of each order you will need to consult one of our Shopify Experts who will be able to build this functionality into your store. 

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions, just let me know!

Cheers,
Liam

Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

Liam Griffin
Shopify | Developer Community Manager
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
134 0 24

Is that the image of the barcode, or the text of the barcode?

Shopify expert, software developer and designer.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Rowby, our Mega PDF Generator app allows to include a bar code or QR code in the invoice / receipt. Simply enable this feature in app's settings. If you'll need anything customized in PDFs specifically for you, feel free to let us know.

0 Likes