Adding new payment gateway with shopify

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi,

We are in need of adding a new payment gateway in the Shopify system. When checked for the integration possibilities, we could able to see that there are two ways,

i) Active merchant
ii) Hosted Payment SDK

Could you please let us know which integration is the best suitable for adding the new payment gateway? and what are the procedures that have to be considered for the integration?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Prakash

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3078 232 506

Hi @prakashk90,

Nick here from Shopify.

You are correct in saying you can add your own payment gateway to Shopify should you wish. Your best bet would be to complete the Shopify Hosted SDK Request Form which you can find here. I'm not 100% sure what you mean by Active merchant. 

Once you complete the form, the team will review it and get back to you within 30 days, if the team doesn't get in touch then it will mean your request was not approved. You can read more about this from the help document Shopify has on this here

Hope this helps. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply.

We have verified the following link (https://github.com/activemerchant/active_merchant) when we were looking for the integration possibilities. Isn't it related/useful for the payment gateway integration?

Regards,

Prakash

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3078 232 506

Hi @prakashk90,

The link you shared was created by a third party source and not Shopify. It could offer some information which might be useful, but your best bet is to follow the Shopify guidelines I shared with you above. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like