Additional transaction fee from Shopify for Amazon payment?

Oorja_Nutrition
Tourist
17 0 1

Hi I am trying to understand the verbiage on shopify page regarding Amazon payment?

"You'll be charged transaction fees each time a customer makes a purchase using this payment method, unless you also activate Shopify Payments."

So I have activated Shopify payments.  Say I also activate Amazon payments.  When a customer decides to use Amazon on check out, does it mean that Shopify will still slap on their transaction fee on top of Amazon fees?  Or because I have simply activated Shopify payments, and even though Amazon payment checkout won't use Shopify payment gateway, Shopify will not slap on their transaction fee?

Can someone please clarify.  Would really appreciate!

0 Likes
Don_old
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
253 1 26

Hi there!

My name is John and I'm a Guru here at Shopify.

I'm happy to be able to tell you that there are no transaction fees on orders placed using Amazon Payments when Shopify Payments is in place as your credit card gateway!

The same would be true of PayPal orders made when your gateway is Shopify Payments. :)

As long as you have Shopify Payments in place and fully set up on your store, you don't have to worry about transaction fees even on orders made on these other gateways.

Best of luck with everything!

0 Likes
Taj29
Excursionist
42 3 9

I know this is old but does this still stand true today?

0 Likes