Address Validation in UK

Highlighted
2 0 0

Shopify does not natively support address auto completion during checkout for UK addresses. (Refer to this article for more details.)

To solve this problem I tried to install Address Validator by Roboturk.  When setting the app up, it required me to add a snippet to checkout.liquid file.  That file only exists in Shopify Plus!   I then discovered that previously you could enter the snippet in the Google Analytics Java Script section.  Unfortunately, Shopify have locked this field for new stores that have been created after 1st February 2019 and only Google Analytics code can be inserted in this field now.  I have contacted Shopify and the app developer without any solution.

I understand why Shopify have implemented these restrictions BUT they should provide another solution for markets where they don't currently support auto address completion.   The end result will be many orders coming to our website with incorrect delivery addresses because auto address completion doesn't work and all address validation apps that I have looked at will no longer work during the checkout process.  Result - lot's of unhappy customers and increased delivery costs for the merchants.  Very poor decision Shopify!

Appreciate any advice from the Shopify community how we can overcome or workaround this issue?   

This issue is only affecting stores that have been set up from 1st Feb 2019.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Appreciate any advice or guidance how this can be implemented? There must be a guru who knows how to resolve this.

0 Likes