AliExpress Supplier with Multiple distribution locations

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

I'm researching suppliers for my shop and notice a number of them ship from both the US and China. My question is: (How) Can I set up my shop so that the items are ordered through the US-based locations only and not China? I know shipping times are a touchy subject for dropshippers, but I'd like to do whatever I can to cut down on the distance (and ultimately the time) my packages have to travel until they arrive at their final destination.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 3 61

Hi, there! 

Lisa here from the Social Care Team. 

That's great you're considering the shipping times for your suppliers to ensure customer satisfaction. 

When browsing via Ali Express, you can filter where the items ship from. To do this 1. search for the item you'd like 2. on the right-hand side there is a filter called 'Shipped From'. Watch this video to see exactly where this filter is located. This will then refine your search to only show items shipping from the USA. I also recommend once you've found some suitable products, to reach out directly to the supplier. This way you can discuss their distribution practices and gauge how communicative they are if for any reason you need to contact the supplier about a customers order.

Another suggestion is that you use Oberlo Supply. If you don't know already, Oberlo allows you to easily import dropshipped products from Ali Express directly into your Shopify store. Oberlo offers Verified suppliers who are the top-performing suppliers on Oberlo marketplace. Suppliers who make it to Oberlo's verified list have been providing the highest quality service for merchants over a sustained time period. You can learn more about Oberlo Supply here.

If you are looking for other dropship suppliers who have reduced shipping times for the USA, there are some other options. Modalyst has quality products with less than 1-week shipping for a lot of their some products. Another great USA based dropshipper to check out is Spocket which gives you access to USA suppliers. 

Being selective with your dropshippers will certainly help reduce the time from order to deliver for your customer! Keep up the good work. 

- Lisa

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like