Allow customer to forecast/pre-order now and commit to a final order at a later date (months away)

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi everyone, 

I'm very new here, and trying to get my head around some of the langauge (so apologies if this thread does exist elsewhere). 

We are launching a Shopify platform soon, and one of our product categories has been an ongoing bugbear.

Can anyone suggest or provide insight into a solution that would allow a customer to submit a pre-order or forecast in November for products required in March, and allow us to reach out in February to confirm what the customers requirements are, and finalise their order?

This way we could help with our demand planning now, and follow up the customer for commitment and order finalisation in time to meet their requirements. 

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read my query!

Alex

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
605 20 196

Hey, Alex!

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify. ?

To automate a pre-order system, the easiest thing would be to use an app. There are a few apps in our app store that could handle it: 

Any of these apps would allow your customer to pre-order a product. You can then email them nearer the time, to request the rest of the information you need in order to complete the order. Alternatively, you could request the information at the time they place the pre-order, using cart notes.

Another option would be to hire a Shopify Expert to create a custom option for you but an app is likely to be more cost-effective. 

Do you think one of those apps will work for you?

We're always here if you need further support with your store or if you are just looking for some feedback. 

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes