Allow customer to submit draft order

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

I am setting up a wholesale system on the store, and I need the customer to fill out the order form, and be able to submit it to me somehow without placing the order.  I can create the draft order on the back end after they send the form, but I'd rather this be automated.  Please advise.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
546 64 130

Hey there, @Hitman2k5 

Thanks for reaching out today. I understand your request as you would like the process of your wholesale customers to place orders on your store as automated/seamless as possible for you. When it comes to configuring a wholesale store, there are a couple of options you could look into.

The first one is utilizing a third-party wholesale order form app such as Wholesale Order Form & ReOrderWith this app, your customers have access to your entire product list on a single page order form, so they can add multiple products directly to their cart. This is perfect for a shop with returning or wholesale customers who know exactly what they want to buy. Once they add the items to their cart, they can pay for it and the order is created in your admin. They have a demo page here to see their app in action.

Alternatively, you could look into an app such as Quick Draft Orders that turns abandoned carts into draft orders in a single click. This is ideal for wholesaling large orders. Definitely worth looking into as it has a 7-day free trial.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
97 0 8

Hi @Hitman2k5 

Our app, AirPower, enables you to create/update draft orders from Airtable. You can see the sample Airtable base to do this here, and we have a help article on how to set this up - How to create and edit Shopify draft orders from Airtable . You can easily create a form that allows your clients to input order details into an Airtable sheet, and we then sync that sheet to your draft orders. Easy.