Alternative to Shopify Payments in UK apart from PayPal

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I've just switched to a Monzo business account and have now found out that Shopify Payments only send payouts Physical Banks and not virtual banks such as Monzo!.

I've contacted Monzo business and they have told me find a third party service offering a payment gateway.

I already have PayPal but was wondering if there are any other third party payment gateways that Shopify owners in the UK use / recommend?

Thanks in advance

Tamara

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 64 124

Hi there @Little-lotus!

Don here from Shopify.

If you're looking to find an alternate credit card gateway for your Shopify store based in the UK, you can check out the full list of payment gateway options for that country on this link.

I'm not personally aware of a gateway that would definitely be able to pay out to a virtual account like that, so my advice would be to spend some time researching some of the third-party options available there and reach out to some candidates directly to learn more.

They will be able to confirm for you their policies and processes with regard to paying out to that kind of account.

Hopefully, some of our Community members here will have some experience of their own to draw upon here to let us know if they have insight on a UK-based gateway that can pay out as you need.

Would you be getting set up with Shopify still, or have you had a store open for a while already?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi Don,

Sorry for the late reply. I am already up and running on Shopify.

I guess I just need to research a payment provider then and see whether they can pay into a virtual account.

Have not heard from anyone else in Shopify community about this.

Best wishes

Tamara

Best wishes

Tamara

Tamara Gomez

Studio E7 Cockpit Studios

Cockpit Yard

Northington Street

London WC1N2NP

tamara@tamaragomez.com

www.tamaragomez.com

+44 7990 593808