Ammending an order paid for with PayPal Express checkout

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi,

We have a discount running for 10% off if you spend over £250, a customer has placed 3 orders that total up to over £250 and he has requested the 10% discount. It seems that there is no way to retroactively apply the discount and as the customer has paid via PayPal Express checkout, if we were to create a new order and refund the original order through Shopify, that the PayPal payment would automatically be refunded by Shopify. Is there a way to prevent Shopify refunding the PayPal payment? Otherwise it means sending the customer a new PayPal request which is a bit of a pain.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
47 2 7

Hi,

You do not have to give the full refund, You can select the order, I have a screenshot below. Go in order details and select refund on the right top. Once you select refund it will give you an option on the right, you can select the amount you want to refund and click ok. this will automatically give customer a refund.

All the best.

Let me know if you want help.

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 12.17.34.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 12.14.27.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-01 at 12.12.35.png 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

The entire order would need to be refunded though, as we would need to create a new order which shows the 10% discount, however in refunding the order on Shopify, it would refund the customer's PayPal payment automatically.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
47 2 7

Just contact the Paypal and get them to refund only 10%, I would not refund the order and expect the customer to purchase again,

0 Likes