Solved

Any shopify plug-in payment gateway can support the selling of CBD in shopify store?

henrywu
Excursionist
33 1 2

We are currently selling the CBD in our online store, however, the shopify defaulted payment gateway decline to such product.

else of Paypal, any payment gateway can plug-in to the shopify for the CBD transaction?

Thanks a lot!

eCOM solution with Shopify
Accepted Solution (1)
Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @henrywu 

I am sincerely sorry for this inconvenience.

Maybe you should consider registering your business in the USA. There is for example Stripe Atlas which allows you to register a business in Delaware in the USA.
Check out the Stripe Atlas application process for more details.

You can also contact Shopify support to see if there are other ways to get your store back: Live chat or email: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact

Please, would you kindly keep me informed?

Good luck.

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @henrywu 

Hope you're having a great day!

Before selling hemp or hemp-derived products (CBD), you should select and apply for a third-party payment gateway.

Shopify Payments is not available for hemp or CBD products at this time. However, Shopify has partnered with third-party payment gateways that support the sale of certain hemp and/or hemp-derived CBD products. The requirements for approval may vary for each gateway. Review the requirements and apply directly to any of these gateways using the following Shopify-specific links:

For CBD companies offering subscriptions, you should check out Pinwheel, which is the only payment processor that supports recurring billing for CBD products! Pinwheel features very low fees and easy peasy integration with your Shopify store via Square Payments.

For DigiPay, you must provide test results from an independent lab that demonstrate your CBD products don’t contain more than the 0.3% THC concentration as allowed by Federal Law. You’ll also need to submit photos of your product and inventory.

Sezzle is a convenient and CBD-supported payment solution. Sezzle'ss innovative approach to sales growth allows customers to split up their total purchase into four interest-free payments lowering the objection to purchasing. 

eMerchant Brokers has also partnered with Shopify to save merchant's time with their CBD payment processor. To get a full understanding of how they can help Shopify sellers, you would need to fill in an application form.

Useful resources:

Selling CBD on Shopify in the United States (US)

Successful Shopify CBD stores:

1. Sagely
  2. Cannuka
  3. Goodleaf
  4. Heavens Please
  5. Be You
  6. Infusion
  7. Sabaidee
  8. LEEF Organics
  9. CBD Farmers Collective
  10. Selling CBD: A Billion Dollar Industry on the Brink of Taking Over
henrywu
Excursionist
33 1 2

As per I filling of of their online form, asking many USA localized info and company profile only.

May I know that they serve only the USA market? I am from Hong Kong.

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @henrywu 

Which ones have you tried?

henrywu
Excursionist
33 1 2

Hello,

I have tried all, else of pinwheel, all of the rest are requested for the USA corp. info contact to process any registration, however, our company is from Hong Kong, it seems even cannot process the flow-chat listed in their webpages.

So, I am annoying that is there are only for the USA corp?

Thanks!!

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @henrywu 

I'm sorry for your inconvenience.

Please, check out PaykingsPayKings offers payment solutions to businesses in high-risk industries, which means that as payment processing providers. Plus, They help merchants from Shopify get up and running by leveraging relationships with banks to help high-risk merchants get approvals.

@DustinK (dustin@paykings.com) at Paykings could help you with more details. 

@henrywu Please keep me informed.

If you found this comment useful, hit the 'Like' and 'Accepted solution' buttons.

henrywu
Excursionist
33 1 2

Thanks a lot Machael, Since there are also needed the Company Registration # / Federal Tax ID*. 

And we cannot processes as per flow-chat required from that payment gateway, due to not the USA based corp.

image (1).png

And still much thanks to your help. Since that case cannot claimed as verified to be a solution, so, i am so sorry that I can only press a LIKE button to you, 

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @henrywu 

I am sincerely sorry for this inconvenience.

Maybe you should consider registering your business in the USA. There is for example Stripe Atlas which allows you to register a business in Delaware in the USA.
Check out the Stripe Atlas application process for more details.

You can also contact Shopify support to see if there are other ways to get your store back: Live chat or email: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact

Please, would you kindly keep me informed?

Good luck.

henrywu
Excursionist
33 1 2

First of all, thanks to your helping Michael!

Today, we suddenly got an email from PayKing, where they advised us to connect with their USA aboard contacts, which can help. In Hong Kong, CBD is legal, however, almost all payment gateway reject to service it, due to still contains THC which might bring trouble potentially.

Finally, it needs the business solution rather than just the technical solution, likely Michael's sharing, registered a company based in USA. 

Use only PayPal, even some markets or people dislike their brand PayPal.

Other payment gateway which generate a specific independent link or a QR code to fix the payment, out of shopify system, aka, shopify only perform a cart function.

So, the question: Any shopify plug-in payment gateway can support the selling of CBD in shopify store? ---- get fixed, thanks to the suggestion from Michael.------

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @henrywu 

First of all, thanks to your helping Michael!

You're welcome. Always happy to help.

Today, we suddenly got an email from PayKing, where they advised us to connect with their USA aboard contacts, which can help. In Hong Kong, CBD is legal, however, almost all payment gateway reject to service it, due to still contains THC which might bring trouble potentially.

Congratulations. Happy to hear that.

So, the question: Any shopify plug-in payment gateway can support the selling of CBD in shopify store?

There are special payment gateways that can support your business. Paykings will surely find a solution for you. In a previous post, you will see the payment gateways I have recommended.