Apple Pay Button not showing

Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 1

I have ticked the Apple Pay box off in Stripe Settings but the button still doesn’t appear. If i scroll down to the bottom i can say a small Apple Pay icon but not in checkout or in the cart.

My theme is Minimal and i cant find any of the liquid files i have seen in the other posts. 

Is there something I have to do in Stripe even though I enabled it in Shopify? I don’t remember if I ever agreed to Apples terms and conditions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 132

Hey, Jonathan.

My name is Lizzy, I’m from the support team at Shopify.

If you've got Apply Pay checked off under Settings>Payments in your Shopify Payments options, it is switched on. The option only appears on devices that have Apple Pay enabled however. This means that if you're accessing the website from a desktop, it may not appear unless you're using Safari on a Mac. The same goes for all of the dynamic checkout options. Many Apple mobile devices will not display Google Pay as an option for this reason. Have you been able to test your checkout on mobile?

This is a good thing to keep in mind when building and marketing your store. Who is your target audience and how will they be accessing your site? Are they more likely to visit on mobile or desktop? Is your store optimized for both?

I also wanted to share this link to our help center with you. It has more information on how Apply Pay works with Shopify. I hope this helps to explain why the payment option isn't always appearing. Please feel free to share any questions you have about what I've said.

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1
Hello,

I tried several times to activate Apple Pay for my store in the Shopify Payments settings but after saving the checkbox is deactivated again.

Could anyone advise how to solve this issue?

Thank you,
Teeno
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 132

Hey @Teeno!

Thank you for your reply here. I wanted to start by asking you if you've had a chance to try clearing your cache or making the change in an alternate browser?

If you have and it's still giving you trouble let me know so we can dig into this a bit further!

Thanks again,

Lizzy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello Lizzy,

I had tried this before and just used Chrome to activate Apple Pay but same result. The checkbox unchecks itself after hitting the Save button.

Are there special terms or limitations to offer Apple Pay?

Thanks,

Teeno

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 132

Thank you for trying that out @Teeno!

This page here lists all of the requirements for using Apple Pay with Shopify!  Does your store fit all of these points?

Lizzy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1
Hello Lizzy,

my issue has been escalated to the Technical Team in the meantime.

Thanks for your support!

Teeno
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 132

You're very welcome, @Teeno!

You're in great hands with our Technical Team. I'm happy to hear this is continuing to be worked on for you!

Thank you for sharing your question with us in the community forums.

Lizzy

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, I would like my customers to have the apple pay option. I'm doing a test from my iPhone and it not giving me the option to choose the apple pay icon.

Can you help please?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1
Hi there,

my case needed to be escalated to the Shopify tech team and was solved quickly then. Apple Pay is showing now and working fine.

Kind regards,
Teeno
1 Like