Apple Pay & Discount Codes

Nicole27
Excursionist
22 0 12

I was very excited for Apple Pay to finally arrive in Shopify, but was extremely disappointed to learn that we cannot accept discount codes from customers if they want to pay with Apple Pay. This will 100% prevent me from using it.

Is this a Shopify limitation? Or an Apple Pay limitation?

Greg_Gorzkowski
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
33 0 2

Hey Nicole!

Currently Apple doesn't offer discounts. It's something Shopify is aware of, and hopefully a feature we will be able to improve together in the future! 

Greg G
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Marius_Signorel
1 0 0

Apple Pay doesn't support discount code entry in the Apple Pay UI. However... if you add the discount code before you initiate Apple Pay, the subtotal will reflect the discount.

From the Apple Developer webiste:

"Otherwise, as soon as the user presses the Apple Pay button, you must begin the payment authorization process. Do not ask the user to perform any other tasks before presenting the payment request. For example, if the user needs to enter a discount code, you must ask for the code before he or she presses the Apple Pay button."

0 Likes
Andrew_Gutterma
Tourist
10 0 6

Agree -- huge limitation. Shopify should be able to send the discounted subtotal amount to Apple Pay.

0 Likes
Leona_Brown
1 0 0

If any one is still having issues because the applebutton does disappear after the code is put in, see this video I put together to help you.

https://youtu.be/VoXH-R_7nMg

0 Likes
NEXTHEALTH
1 0 1

Almost 5 years later and still no update for this?