Apple Pay Stripe & test mode with stripe

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

i have two issues and nobody can help me. Stripe is telling me to go asking Shopify and Shopify telling me to go to stripe.

1) when a customer is making a payment with apple pay, a first little message appears:

"Transaction unsuccessful

There was a problem with the payment service. Please select a different payment method or try again later."

However, the popup for apple pay payment is coming one second after and the payment is working properly with Stripe.

Why do i have this annoying message and how can i get rid of it?

2) on the setting of shopify, i tried to use test mode without sucess. When i tick the option and enter a credit card test, the card is declined. I checked with the logs on stripe, it's telling me that stripe is on live mode, not in test mode. However, Stripe confirmedf that the credit card used is a test card.

Stripe is telling me it's shopifys fault and shopify the inverse.

Any help please. (after 8 hours talking to shopify and stripe)

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there!

I am experiencing the same issue where I am trying to place some testing orders using the credit card tokens provided by Stripe. However, I always get the "Card was declined" message. Similarly, after reviewing the entry in Stripe dashboard it says "This charge request was in live mode, but used a Stripe test card number." As far as I know, I am not in live mode I have enabled the "Use test mode" from the "Payment Providers" settings.

Anyone that may shed some light on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Miguel

0 Likes