Apple Pay activated, but not showing as payment option in cart.

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

We have Apple Pay activated, but it does not show up as a payment option when checking out a purchase. What am I missing here? Shouldn't it show up as a pay option on our store site?

Confused.

Does it only show up on iPhones? We know it doesn't show up when buying from our store on an iPad Air (updated to iOS 10) because we tried it. Apple Pay was a no show.

Explanation or help would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
39 0 4

Hey, Wanda. 

Brendan here from the Shopify Support team.

With Apple Pay for the web, the customer checking out must be using Safari on an iOS 10 or MacOS device which has been updated to MacOS Sierra or later. If you are using Chrome browser on a Mac or iOS device or do not have Apple Pay set up with a valid payment method the Apple Pay button will not appear at checkout. 

I did a quick test here on my end to ensure that Apple Pay will work and was successful with your listed site https://www.ellaydog.com/.

For testing on your end - the following devices with up to date software are supported for Apple Pay on the web: 

• iPhone (SE, 6, 6 Plus, or newer)
  • iPad (Pro, Air 2, mini 3, or newer)
  • Apple Watch
  • MacBook (Late 2009 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Late 2010 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Midi 2010 or newer)
  • iMac (Late 2009 or newer)
  • Mac Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Brendan 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

I came in to edit my original post and saw your reply afterward. The iPad Air we used is a 2013 model updated to iOS 10.

Thank you for that clarification!

Wanda :-)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hello, i guess im in the same situation...can you check if in your end you can see that apple pay button. I tried in my iPhone and does not show but from what I understood only if you have apple pay settled it will appear...and I don't have...so can you

@Leon_old wrote:

Hey, Wanda. 

Brendan here from the Shopify Support team.

With Apple Pay for the web, the customer checking out must be using Safari on an iOS 10 or MacOS device which has been updated to MacOS Sierra or later. If you are using Chrome browser on a Mac or iOS device or do not have Apple Pay set up with a valid payment method the Apple Pay button will not appear at checkout. 

I did a quick test here on my end to ensure that Apple Pay will work and was successful with your listed site https://www.ellaydog.com/.

For testing on your end - the following devices with up to date software are supported for Apple Pay on the web: 

• iPhone (SE, 6, 6 Plus, or newer)
  • iPad (Pro, Air 2, mini 3, or newer)
  • Apple Watch
  • MacBook (Late 2009 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Late 2010 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Midi 2010 or newer)
  • iMac (Late 2009 or newer)
  • Mac Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Brendan 

try for me if you have an apple pay already settled if it appears as option to pay_ My store is tiptopcarts.com. thanks a lot

0 Likes