Apple pay, not showing in payment gateways...

Shopify Partner
21 0 4

Hi,

I have the "apple pay" icon in my footer. And customers are asking why it is not a payment option. I looked into it and according to instructions it should be available in my payment setup section as a payment gateway optoin but I dont find it in there at all. Is Apple Pay not allowed in Germany or something? Why dont I see it as an option?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
114 0 4

Hey there! 

Kassey here from the Shopify Guru Team! When using Apple Pay there are a couple of different requirements that you must meet! First, you must be using one of these payment gateways: Shopify Payments, Stripe, First Data Payeezy, Authorize.net or CyberSource. You would need to have SSL activated on your store domain and your store would need to follow Apple's Acceptable Use Guidelines. The reason that you're not seeing the Apple Pay button in your checkout, may have something to do with the browser that your customers are using. To be able to put through payments with Apple Pay, your customers must be using the browser Safari on iOS 10 or macOS Sierra on a apple mobile device. I would recommend taking a peek at our Apple Pay Requirement doc here for more info!

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to reach out to Shopify support!

Kassey S
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
21 0 4

According to this Apple Pay is not available in Germany?

https://www.apple.com/ios/feature-availability/#apple-pay

Also why is the icon showing if the payment option is not available in my shop?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
21 0 4

Can anyone confrim Apple Pay/Shopify does not work for Germany?

Thanks.

0 Likes