Apple pay not working

Solved
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
869 83 114

Hello, @APlomer & @Ursa.

Thank you both for joining as well! 

I wasn't able to tag more than 4 users in my previous response, so I'm creating a second response and tagging you both in. As mentioned, I've spoken to our Technical team and I was informed that they'll need to look at each of your stores. Please check your inbox/spam folders for my authentication email and review the next steps. Then, simply send a reply back to me and I can have this forwarded to our Technical team. 

I'll be looking forward to hearing from you both!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
869 83 114

Hey, @nepthar2.

Welcome to the thread! 

I understand you're having an issue with the order information being stripped or the information is not being sent to your carrier service. As you've mentioned this is also happening with Google Pay, I just need to confirm whether this is a separate issue? Is this causing your customers to run into an 'invalid address' error as well?

I'd be happy to take a closer look and loop in our Technical team if needed - Can you share a couple of screenshots or any more details that may help point our Technical team to the issue? Also, which carrier service and payment gateway are you using at the moment? 

0 Likes
nepthar2
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi Elias,

Thanks for getting back to us here. We have since resolved the problem. Here's how it all shook out:

1. We simply cannot get some personal data from Apple/Google pay like names and address1s. I think this is for privacy reasons.

2. We talked with our carrier and decided that as a workaround, we'd use a placeholder name and address1 for the shipping quote generation. Once the quote had been given based on the city, state, zip, and the order had been placed, we update our carrier with the recipients actual name and address.

Thanks!

Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
869 83 114

Hi, @nepthar2.

Thank you for following up!

I'm glad to hear you're able to formulate a strategy with your carrier and I think this provides a valuable insight for our community, especially for our merchants working with third-party carriers, merchants facing a similar issue, and merchants learning to work with third-party carriers. 

Thanks again, for taking the time and sharing your resolution with the community!

0 Likes
RochelleBrown
2 0 0

Hi Elias,

we are experiencing the same issue with ApplePay on our site too, please can you ask your team to follow up with us too,

kind regards

0 Likes
tobco
Tourist
3 0 1

We are also having the same issue on our account. Can you please look into it?

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
869 83 114

Hey, @RochelleBrown & @tobco.

Thank you both for joining the thread!

I understand you're both having an issue with Apple Pay and I'd be happy to take a closer look. However, as a couple of different issues were mentioned throughout thread - I'll need to gather a bit more information to help us identify the issue you're running into. This way, I'll be able to loop in our Technical team and provide tailored solutions as well.

Could you tell me more about the issue or share a couple of screenshots?

Thanks!

0 Likes
tobco
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks for the reply. Customers who are checking out with Apple Pay are receiving "Shipping Address Invalid" error as soon as they try to pay with Apple Pay

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
869 83 114

Hey, @tobco.

Thank you for following up!

I've sent an authentication email to your registered email, please check your inbox/spam folders and review the next steps. Then, simply reply back to my email and I can loop in our Technical team. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

0 Likes
RochelleBrown
2 0 0

Hi thanks for the reply, as with others in this chain Customers who are checking out with Apple Pay are receiving "Shipping Address Invalid" error as soon as they try to pay with Apple Pay

0 Likes