Apple pay not working

3 0 0

Hi there,

We are launching our website soon and doing testing by making purchases, we are using Shopify payments gateway and enabled apple pay accelerated checkout.

Asked a friend in UAE to make a test purchase using apple pay and they get an error saying "this field can not be blank", of course all details are complete and stored as they made thousands of transactions before, the error does not appear if the country is changed to USA or UK. 

Any idea what this error relates to? is there any country limitations? :(

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
246 33 27

Hello, @GeneJack925

Elias here with Shopify Support. That’s a great question!

I understand your friend in UAE tested Apple Pay for your store and encountered an error that a particular field was left blank. I don’t have enough information to identify what this error relates to; however, I did find a tool from Apple that can help you check on the participating banks in Europe and the Middle East for Apple Pay. That said, I’d be happy to take a closer look and loop in our Technical team if needed. 

Are you able to share more information regarding the test order or a screenshot of the error? If you’re sharing a screenshot, feel free to black out any sensitive information on the screenshot. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello Elias, 

Many thanks for your reply, yes my bank in US is BOA, and my friend in UAE is using credit card issued from HSBC UAE.

Attached are screenshots of the error, if we try to change the shipping address to any country other than UAE the error does not show.,

Appreciate your help as the UAE market is important to us,

Thanks again

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-30 at 5.58.37 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-01-30 at 5.58.37 PM.jpeg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
246 33 27

Hey, @GeneJack925 .

Thank you for getting back to me with the screenshots. I can see that HSBC is a supported credit card for Apple Pay in the Middle East. Since Apple Pay works for the other addresses, this appears to be an isolated issue with the Apple Pay settings for the UAE address on your friend’s device - rather than an issue with the payments on your store. 

I’ve tested Apple Pay with my phone, by adding and editing my address, and it still shows an address on the line where the error indicates ‘can’t be blank’ (on your screenshot) before I process the payment. That said, I recommend adding or updating the shipping address directly through the phone’s settings and trying again- that's located under ‘Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay > Shipping Address’.

01-02-mc57z-db2ly

Also, here’s a guide from Apple for updating the billing and contact information for Apple Pay

Let me know how that goes!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes