Apple pay not working

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi there,

We are launching our website soon and doing testing by making purchases, we are using Shopify payments gateway and enabled apple pay accelerated checkout.

Asked a friend in UAE to make a test purchase using apple pay and they get an error saying "this field can not be blank", of course all details are complete and stored as they made thousands of transactions before, the error does not appear if the country is changed to USA or UK. 

Any idea what this error relates to? is there any country limitations? :(

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
365 40 40

Hello, @GeneJack925

Elias here with Shopify Support. That’s a great question!

I understand your friend in UAE tested Apple Pay for your store and encountered an error that a particular field was left blank. I don’t have enough information to identify what this error relates to; however, I did find a tool from Apple that can help you check on the participating banks in Europe and the Middle East for Apple Pay. That said, I’d be happy to take a closer look and loop in our Technical team if needed. 

Are you able to share more information regarding the test order or a screenshot of the error? If you’re sharing a screenshot, feel free to black out any sensitive information on the screenshot. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello Elias, 

Many thanks for your reply, yes my bank in US is BOA, and my friend in UAE is using credit card issued from HSBC UAE.

Attached are screenshots of the error, if we try to change the shipping address to any country other than UAE the error does not show.,

Appreciate your help as the UAE market is important to us,

Thanks again

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-30 at 5.58.37 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-01-30 at 5.58.37 PM.jpeg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
365 40 40

Hey, @GeneJack925 .

Thank you for getting back to me with the screenshots. I can see that HSBC is a supported credit card for Apple Pay in the Middle East. Since Apple Pay works for the other addresses, this appears to be an isolated issue with the Apple Pay settings for the UAE address on your friend’s device - rather than an issue with the payments on your store. 

I’ve tested Apple Pay with my phone, by adding and editing my address, and it still shows an address on the line where the error indicates ‘can’t be blank’ (on your screenshot) before I process the payment. That said, I recommend adding or updating the shipping address directly through the phone’s settings and trying again- that's located under ‘Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay > Shipping Address’.

01-02-mc57z-db2ly

Also, here’s a guide from Apple for updating the billing and contact information for Apple Pay

Let me know how that goes!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
64 1 3

hello @Elias I have a similar problem and I contact the support by email already.

In my case is not a problem about shipping but is just that the payment is not succeeding. I got a " payment failed" error telling me the website couldn't be able to complete the payment.

Can you please help me?

thanks

Schermata 2020-05-22 alle 00.13.04.png

IMG_9072.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
365 40 40

Hey, @B_R-25.

Thank you for joining this thread! I understand you're receiving a payment failed error with Apple Pay on your store. Since Apple Pay is appearing as an accelerated checkout on your store and the failed payment is happening during the processing stage, your payment settings on Shopify seems to be set up correctly. Has other customers been able to checkout with Apple Pay?

It's possible that this is an issue with your payment gateway or with the Acceptable Use Policy for Apple Pay. That being said, which payment gateway are you using for Apple Pay? So that I can take a closer look, can I get your store URL (.myshopify.com)?

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
64 1 3

Hello @Elias,

The store url is scarletterdesign.com

the gateway is stripe.

I just made a try and seems now is working, maybe because I contact the support by chat too.  

If possible I would like to know which was the issue.

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
365 40 40

Hey, @B_R-25.

Thank you for following up! I'm glad to hear that Apple Pay is working now. Since the Apple Pay option is showing up and initiating properly in your screenshots, I can't be sure where the issue is as it appears to be happening at the processing stage - It's likely the issue is happening on Stripe's or Apple's end. Was our support able to identify the issue when you contacted us over chat?

With that said, you can check if there's an error message in the timeline of the order that may help identify the cause. Here's a list of error codes for Stripe. Feel free to keep me posted on your findings!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, 

I'm having the same problem as the person that commented with the screenshots above, but when using a UK address. I get the same error message saying that the address is not valid. 

This means that the majority of my customers can't checkout with Apple Pay. It seems to want a US address. 

Any ideas how I can correct this? I thought it must be something in the code but can't find anything? 

Thanks

Sarah

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi all,

I reported the very first incident in this thread and just keeping you posted with the progress.

I had declined transactions from customers in US, UK, Egypt and UAE using apple pay, only one transaction got accepted from Saudi Arabia.

After 3 months of back and forth communications with the technical team they did some "enforced reset" or something like that that allowed transactions in UK but still being declined everywhere else. 

Latest they found issue with UAE addresses which they are working to fix however still declines in other countries

I had to disable apple and google pay as not to inconvenience my customers, while continuing the discussion with the technical team

Thanks 

Genejack.com 

1 Like