ApplePay defaulting to wrong shipping

Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 7

We recently changed from an external provider to Shopify Pay. This has gone smoothly apart from one thing, if people use ApplePay there doesn't appear to be an option to change the postage right away, so it defaults to the first one on the list (which we can't change with code apparently), which is free because it's a 'collect in store' option, which isn't generally what people want.

Is there any way to get it do default to the standard shipping rate or get the customer to select directly? It's causing lots of extra work for me.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

i'm having the same issue, did you find a way to solve this?

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 7

Other than turning off the speedy checkout options Apple/Google/ShopifyPay, no, not sure how else to fix it. I turned those methods off and it 'solved' it but it reduces payment options, sadly.  But I'd rather do without them than having to keep re-invoicing for postage, too much hassle.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

I had to turn off the express payment options (Google Pay, Apple Pay etc) because it kept doing this too!!
I've also been having the same issues when customers checkout using Paypal Express - so frustrating! If we could just select the default shipping option it would be all sorted.

0 Likes