Are packaging inserts possible with Shopify?

BoredInDaHouse
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi!

Does anyone know if it is possible to insert a product with each order automatically? Let's say a customer buys a watch on my store, can I insert (without them knowing) a bracelet as a gift for when they receive the watch?

Replies 2 (2)

PackLabelShip
Shopify Partner
16 0 0

Hey @BoredInDaHouse,

Yes this is possible with an app! The customer won't get a notification or anything and when the order is placed the checkout page will only show the watch, but if they revisit the order details page from their email they will be able to see the bracelet. You can call the SKU something mysterious, 'Special Surprise', to build anticipation instead of ruin the gift!

I've built a Shopify App designed to handle what happens between the time an order is placed on Shopify and it's imported and fulfilled by your 3PL (or yourself). Custom Packaging and Marketing inserts shouldn't only be available with certain fulfillment partners.

It's unlisted at the moment, but if you message me here or email me at Tom@PackLabelShip.com with your shop link and desired use case I can send you a link to download it and get you all setup.

You can see a screenshot of our 'Rules' UI below. This one is adding the 'Marketing Insert November' SKU to every order between now and December 1st.

PackLabelShip_0-1700126844471.png

We call a fancy algorithm to figure out the best custom box to add to the order, but we also have these simple rule types:

• Add Product to every order

• If order contains Product A, add Product B

• If order value is greater than $X, add Product A

• If order contains an item with a specific tag or collection, add a Product

Cheers and Happy Packing,

Tom

Putting Custom Packaging and Order Inserts back in the Merchant's hands!
PackLabelShip
Shopify Partner
16 0 0

We're listed now check out the app here: https://apps.shopify.com/pls-smart-pack-ship

Putting Custom Packaging and Order Inserts back in the Merchant's hands!