Associate type of package along with

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

I have read through all the shipping documentation and I have a number of questions. But first, why does this have to be so complex? It seems as though basic functionnality is missing right from the product page to make things easier both for the seller and the buyer... unless I'm missing something ? Here are my questions: 

1- I sell various types of products. Some are to be mailed in bubble mailers, stayflat envelopes and regular envelopes. 

I have created all these types of packages, but there is no way to associate a product with a packaging type. How can I do that efficiently right from the product page?

2- Since the shipping options are so complex, I decided to increase my price a little and offer free shipping for canada but I'd like to use the shopify calculator to calculate pricing to everywhere else.  I am using the default calculated rates, but when I test out the checkout process with a US address, it says that there are no shipping profiles associated with that region. (allthough all regions are selected.) Am I missing something ? 

I'm eager to get this resolved! Thank you so much for your help! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
228 0 35

Hi, Yanik!

Anders from the Shopify Social Care team here. Thanks for reaching out today! Let's tackle your questions in order here:

1. The first step is to add your different packages in your shipping settings, which it sounds like you have, so great! When you're fulfilling an order, you will be able to choose from the different packages on your Shopify store. Now, it sounds like you would like the option to apply a particular package to a product to get more accurate shipping rates. If you're doing weight-based rates, I would add the weight of the package to the total weight of the order and switch your default package weight to be 0.0. This method also works for your calculated rates as it will take the total weight of the order (which now includes the weight of the packaging) and calculates out a cost. But I'll be sure to pass along the feedback you've provided here to our product team. 

2. If you need to have different shipping methods for different zones, you can! In your shipping settings, you will see that you can create multiple zones with their own unique shipping options. When you select 'Add Shipping Zone' you can choose which Country will be included and then choose its unique shipping option. Here's an example from my own test store with Canada having free shipping and calculated rates for the rest of world:

When a customer is checking out with a Canadian address, they will receive the free shipping, while international customers will receive the calculated rates.

As far as the shipping error you're getting with the US, do you happen to have a screenshot of that shipping zone's settings? That would help me see what could be causing the issue!

Looking forward to your reply. 

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes