Australia Point of Sale (POS) - Assistance required

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 11

Hi,

We;re successfully running a Shopify site now for the last 8 months.

I am now looking to open up POS for this, as we sell ticketed entry to our places we manage.

Has anyone in Australia done this successfully, and would you mind sharing with me information on how to set this up (What hardware).

I am mainly interested in the Card reader and printer.

I read that POS is coming to Australia, but that was a year ago... and that a manual external terminal is the only way.

We currently use Mastercard MIGS payments.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
577 20 186

Hey, Ryan!

I'm Aria, a Social Care guru at Shopify. ?

You can certainly use Shopify POS in Australia, you can download the free POS app for iOS or Android. You are correct in saying you'd need to use an external card reader. You can use whichever one you want to use. On the POS app, you'd mark your sale as paid by external credit. 

In Australia, you can purchase compatible hardware from gorillalab.com.au or pos99.com.au. You can find the list of compatible models in this guide.

We do intend to make our full POS service available in more countries but it's a work in progress. We don't know at this time when the hardware and Shopify Payments for POS are likely to be available in Australia.

Does this help? We're always available if you need further support.

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 11

Thanks for the info Aria,

I guess on the plus side, we can keep our current Eftpos machines, but hopefully we'll be considered (Australia) for the Shopify integrated payments tap and go systems.

My main concern is maiing it simple for staff to use... Will look at setting up a test case, and seeing if it's simple.

FYI, Tickets (Day pass, Weekend, Month... etc) are our main use, so hopfully too the POS ticket template system will include the ability to fully utilize Liquid code.

thanks for the link, much appreciated.

0 Likes