Authorize.net used for Shopify and another platform at the same time?

1 0 0

Hi,  I am new to Shopify.  I am trying to help a client (an artist studio that sells materials and provides classes and seminars) setup a new  scheduling platform called proclass.   Proclass uses Authorize.net as it's gateway. 

My client currently uses shopify payments for her shopify pos. 

If I switch her pos to use authorize.net instead, both shopify and proclass will be using the same gateway and merchant account.  Does that mean that the shopify pos will "see" the tuition payments from Proclass?  I've never set up a payment gateway or merchant account before.

Thank you, J Jackson

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
637 39 82

Hi, @mjjcville !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you, and that you are enjoying setting things up for you client.

I would just like to clarify the set up, to make sure we are on the same page. Will your client be running their Shopify account alongside this separate ProClass platform?

If you are using two completely separate platforms, which are not linked via an app or custom-built solution for example, then there should be no crossover.

In your case, in terms of taking payments, although you may use the same terminal and payment gateway merchant account you should not see Shopify orders in any third party platform and vice versa. You would however have all details processed within your Authorize.net account. It would be best to touch base with their team independently to see how these can be segregated.

Only orders processed via the Shopify POS app will appear in your Shopify admin. So, for example if you are processing payments using Authorize.net through ProClass, then Shopify would not see these orders.

However, moving to third party gateway will mean that any orders processed through your client's online Shopify store, would then incur transactions fees.

Perhaps there would be an app from our app store which would suit as an alternative? This would allow your client to manage everything - scheduling, the store, in-person sales etc. from the one location. I have included some options below which you may like to consider:

I hope this helps, though do feel free to let me know if you have any questions at all. I am happy to help.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes