Auto-print shipping labels without buying shipping

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi,

I did search a bit but couldn't find the exact answer I'm looking for...

We are currently writing shipping labels manually, which is a tedious task and a complete waste of time.

So now we're looking for a way to auto-print shipping labels for all our orders as they come in...

The question is : is there a way to do this within shopify or do I absolutely need an app (if there's even one that does that)?

Otherwise, is there a way to manually print shipping labels on Shopify without having to purchase the shipping label?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
752 39 126

Hi, @iDoggos.

My name is Tira and I am here to help.

This is a great question and I appreciate you took the time to dig into this on your own. I'd love to shed some light and look into what options we have here for you:

Shipping labels can be printed and purchased in bulk, for up to 20 orders. To do this, you can follow these steps:

1) Login to your Shopify admin

2) Click on "Orders" on the left-hand side

3) Click on the checkboxes next to the orders you wish to print. Here's a screenshot of what this looks like:

20-10-ptp9u-wv74m

4) Once you are happy with your selection, you can click on the "Create shipping labels" button to generate and purchase labels for your orders. Check out our help doc for the steps to print shipping labels

Shipping labels are unique to each package, are you looking to print and ship multiple packages in an order or just multiple orders?

Can I ask, what products are you selling that would need shipping labels printed at once? This will help me find app suggestions that suit your business needs. 

How are you currently printing your labels? Through the Shopify admin or through a courier? 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hello Tira,

Thanks for the reply.

That is not the solution we're looking for though, we were already aware of this function.

The problem is we cannot find a way to generate shipping labels WITHOUT having to pay for the labels.

We pay for shipping through a broker or with "Canada Post My Enterprise" outside Shopify, hence why we do not want to pay for shipping on the platform.

To answer your question, we sell dog accessories and ship them in envelopes most of the time. 

Best regards,

-David

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
752 39 126

Thanks for getting back to me with these details, @iDoggos. This helped me dig into this for you with our shipping team.

Shopify can buy and print labels in bulk, and the option to only print them in bulk is not available. You can purchase and print labels in bulk, and if they are not used within 30 days, you can void the label. When a label is voided, a credit will be added to your account to use on future shipping label purchases. Check out our help doc with the instructions to void a label here: Voiding a label.

Have you reached out to your broker to see if they are able to print labels in bulk for you? You can also add them into your Shopify admin as a customer fulfillment service. Customer fulfillment services allows you to send order details to an email address to a warehouse or service. When an order comes in, it will be sent to the service after marking the order as fulfilled. Here's our help doc with the instructions to set this up: Customer fulfillment services. I'm curious, is there a certain feature that intrigued you to choose your broker? 

I understand that this feature would be beneficial for your store and so I am happy to send this as a request to our developers so that they are aware of how we can help you and our merchants and how we can improve our platform. If we move forward with this, we will list it in our changelog or announcements page. To forward the request, could you please provide your myshopify.com URL?

Talk soon,

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes