Autocomplete Shipping Addresses UK

VCPBLtd
1 0 1

Hi,

I have seen that google autocomplete has been available for several years for many countries around the world since 2017. Please could we have an update on when this will be available in the UK? It is a standard feature in most online shopping experiences and is quite frankly poor that it is not available on Shopify.

Anything would be better than nothing, even if there is a very occasional error in the polling data.

Thanks

Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
876 47 141

Hi, @VCPBLtd.

My name is Tira.

I appreciate how having Google Autocomplete would be beneficial to your store. Currently, this feature is available to customers who are located in the countries listed here: Provide autocompletion adds in fields. If you have customers who shop from these countries, they will be able to see their addresses autocompleted on your store. We will add more countries as support for their addresses becomes available. 

The feature is enabled by default for all Shopify Merchants. I'm happy to forward your feedback to our developers that you would like to have support for your UK customers. Could I have your myshopify.com URL to pass along? 

Talk soon,

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

saurabhvalsangk
Tourist
3 0 1

I guess UK is a big market and this feature is really needed urgently in this market.

I am loosing many orders as the address doesn't understand 1st line and 2nd line and customer give up.

Looks like this is available in below countries.

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong SAR, India, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, Switzerland, and the United States.

0 Likes
AkinEl
1 0 0

This is basic functionality for modern ecom site. Can we get this implemented for the UK. It's available via fetchify on shopify plus, was and can be implemented readily on the other plans.

0 Likes
AllBam
Tourist
8 0 4
We use Fetchify in our Standard Shopify store to implement this in the UK (which works well), but that will stop on 1 March (see below). Fetchify promise there will be a solution,  However, it is not clear when that will be available or what its functionality will be. It is bonkers that Shopify doesn't support this as standard.

Shopify Standard coverage

On March 1st Shopify is removing the Google Analytics Javascript Insert functionality which enables the current use of Fetchify on Shopify Standard stores. This includes stores on 'Basic Shopify', 'Shopify' and 'Enhanced Shopify'.

Whilst we have had very short notice of this change, we want to assure you that we have been working hard to develop a new app for Shopify that will allow you to continue to use our address verification, albeit in a slightly different way.

To comply with Shopify, it will need to be a slightly different functionality but still offering the same accurate address data you expect. We will share more detail about the app very soon.

Due to the sudden nature of this announcement, and as app store approval is out of our control, we do expect that there may be a short period where we are unable to support address validation within Shopify Standard. We will do everything in our power to ensure this is kept to a minimum.

As a gesture of goodwill for your patience while we are unable to supply your service, we will credit any accounts affected with double the credits they have remaining on March 1st.

If this affects you please contact us at support@fetchify.com so that we can add the extra credits to your account and we can inform you as soon as the app is available.

Yours sincerely

Russell Jones

CEO, Fetchify

NDJohn
1 0 0

I agree with 

0 Likes