Automated Amazon FBA Tracking Notification to customer?

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 7

Hello,

I've got Amazon FBA all set and working. I also understand how to manually enter a tracking number to notify the customer. But, is there a way to automatically have the customer receive a tracking number? I've tried both manually filling orders and automatic.

Right now, the customer gets an order confirmation which is great.

Then when the order is received by Amazon, they get a message that says:

They are being shipped via Other to the following address:

Technically the order is received by Amazon and not shipped so no tracking is available at this time.

Then when the order ships, I receive an admin email from Amazon that the order has shipped. But the customer is unaware. This also is not updated when the customer logs in to "My Account" to view the order info.

My main objective is to let the customer know their tracking number. The #1 customer inquiry is "where's my order"

I could change the wording on the "shipped notification" to sound more like "order processed" But then I still want an automated email with tracking number when the order actually ships.

Can anyone help with this? Is it even possible. I was under the impression that tracking was included with Amazon FBA solution. Do I really have to manually copy and paste tracking info individually in a timely manner for each and every order?

David

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 3

I'm having the same issue.

Did you find a resolution to this?

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

I would like to know this too. I thought the shipping notifications through FBA were automated. It's disheartening to find out they may not be -- fully automated integration of FBA is integral to my business model and the success of my shopify store.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 7

I can't figure this out yet. I don't think this can be automated.

If you have email notifications turned on when the order goes to Amazon, the customer gets sent the "Order Shipped" email (with no tracking info). If I turn email notification off, then I have to manually submit tracking info on the order page which is a pain.

I thought I could perhaps edit the Shopify email to sound more like "Your order was sent to our warehouse" and get rid of tracking info. But then I realized that would affect orders that originate from my website.

So for now, I don't think there is a way to automate FBA tracking info correctly. The correct way would be simple.

1. Customer receives order confirmation email when they order (order gets sent to Amazon).

2. Customer gets order shipped confirmation from shopify system when order ships and tracking info provided.

When I contacted Shopify, they told me to contact Amazon.

0 Likes
Highlighted
15 0 0

Back a few weeks ago, it was automated.

I use FBA fulfillment for my store and Shopify would fire off a "shipping update" with the tracking info to the customer once the tracking becomes avaliable.

I don't know what's changed... 

Anybody heard anything from shopify?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 7

The issue is that if you turn on automation (check the box in Settings/Checkout to send email upon fulfillment) then the customer will get an email from Amazon when shipped. However, they also get an earlier email the moment the order is sent to Amazon. This email does not have tracking info but is based on the same fulfillment template. Does that make sense?

So customer orders and they get

#1 Email Order Confirmation - good

#2 Email Shipped - BAD This is sent to customer immediately when the order gets "fulfilled" and sent to Amazon. There is no tracking info. So the dynamic text says "They are being shipped via Other to the following address:"

#3 Email Shipped - Good. This one is when there is tracking info.

I couldn't figure out how to eliminate Email #2. If I change the template to cut out tracking info, then #3 would lack tracking info. If I uncheck the box to send fulfillment email, then both #2 AND #3 don't get sent.

Right now, I am just living with the incorrect sending of #2 email. Better option than turning off automated email shipping confirmation.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I currently just manually add the tracking number after we receive it from Amazon but would like a better solution as well.

I may switch over to David Giacomini's solution of sending #2 and #3

0 Likes
Highlighted
15 0 0

Are you sure your email #3 email is getting sent? Because my shop doesn't even do that. 

It sends:

#1 Email: Order confirmation

#2 Email: Shipping confirmation

And as you know, #2 doesn't contain any tracking info as it's basically the email Shopify sends to the customer when the order goes to FBA. That's all the email my shop sends, it never sends any tracking infomation whatsoever.

Take a look at the photo I uploaded. It's of an order that's already been shipped by Amazon, but the customer never got a tracking number.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I think #3 gets sent when you click "We successfully fufilled 1 line item" and add the tracking number and click the checkbox "Send notification email to customer".

I'm open to more automated solutions but have yet to find one yet.

0 Likes
Highlighted
15 0 0

The thing is, I don't need to manually add the tracking number because the system automatically fills it. And I also don't have the "Send notification email to customer" button. Take a look at this photo of the same order.

The tracking is automatically filled in but the system doesn't send the customer a new email with a tracking number (#3 email).

0 Likes