Automated service to send order info to warehouse, then update Shopify with tracking numbers?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello everyone. I'm only a couple of months into running my first Shopify store, and I'm in need of some help / insight into how I'm doing things. I'll describe my situation, then ask my question. 

• I have a Shopify Pro account ($79/month)
• I am subscribed to the Silver Plan on an app called "Xporter by eShop Admin" to automatically create and email a daily sales report (CSV) to a local IT guy. (FYI, local IT guy has absolutely no familiarity with Shopify.) 
• This IT guy has written a script that automatically opens the CSV, strips out the relevant info, and emails a "Pick sheet" report to my warehouse / shipping facility every 24 hours. (FYI, warehouse / shipping facility has absolutely no familiarity with Shopify.)
• My warehouse / shipping facility picks my products, boxes them, mails them off, and sends the IT guy tracking info the following day. 
• The IT guy sends me a report of everything that shipped with a tracking number every day.
• Orders are shipping the following business day after they are placed, and I am getting the tracking info back 2 business days after they are placed.
• My customers are not currently getting their tracking info, and have no way of checking it. It would be up to me to go back and manually enter those tracking numbers one by one into Shopify. Not only would that require a good bit of my time, it would be also be done a full 48 hours after their orders have been placed. 

I am unhappy with this arrangement for a number of reasons. 

My desire is to have an automated process in place that will send a daily order report to the warehouse, then update Shopify with the tracking numbers after they have been shipped. 

I am a small shop, with only 4 SKUs. I average around 110 orders per week. 

Does a service like this exist? If not, do you konw anyone willing to quote creating it? Should I take another approach altogether? 

Any help that this community can offer will be greatly appreciated! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
498 1 57

Hi MG,

My name is Anne, on the Guru team. Thanks so much for reaching out!

It sounds like your IT guy has created something amazing, fair play to him!

- I would recommend checking out and sending your questions directly to Stitch-Labs- https://apps.shopify.com/stitch-labs.  

- They have created a really amazing inventory app that I believe has the features you need, plus they do a 21 day free trial!

- You can get them by clicking Get Support directly from the app store!

I hope this helps!

Warm regards,

Anne :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have a similar dilemma that I am trying to solve. I use Xporter as well, but because of the format that our warehouse needs I do some daily manual editing of the Xporter file before emailing it to our 3rd party warehouse.

The problem is importing tracking numbers, or somehow assigning tracking to customer shipment data/email addresses...our warehouse manually books shipments vis UPS World Ship. The next business day (after shipments are booked into UPS) I can access the tracking data, but then I can't really do anything with it.

I have experimented with the idea of using something like AfterShip (which creates an outside "package status" page with updated tracking available via an emailed link) but, I'd have to upload data into the app, in which case the tracking/shipping data is not directly linked to the customer's account. AfterShip (and other programs) are also able to pull tracking numbers FROM Shopify orders, but I don't know how to pull them in when they're generated from a third party service, that is, not generated by a Shopify-integrated shipping app such as ShipStation.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
368 0 39

Hey Katie, 

It is possible to push through tracking information using our API for orders. You would likely need a custom integration coded. Stitch may also be a solution for you. If your warehouse is booking orders through your own UPS account it might be possible for them to pull the order data from your UPS account and update that in Shopify, 

Most custom integrations will work on a per order bases meaning once your warehouse updates an order with tracking information the corisponding Shopify order would get updated. It might be worth you talking to a Shopify Expert developer to explorer a custom integration solution for your warehouse. 

You can also always manually go in and update the tracking url of an order once you receive the trackign information from your warehouse. 

I hope this helps! Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions :)

Cheers,
Ben C - Shopify Guru
Support@Shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 3

Consider using a 3PL that integrates with Shopify. There are lots of them, some using our software, ShipHero https://apps.shopify.com/shiphero others with their own built integrations. No data manipulation and real-time order imports and visibility (and you can change and cancel the orders online until the moment they ship if they're using ShipHero). 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 1

Hi MG,

If you are still looking for a solution, I'd suggest that you check out our product at Duoplane (https://apps.shopify.com/duoplane).

Our system does exactly what you are looking for, and we can easily work with any 3PL that accepts orders in a data file (CSV, XML, JSON, etc.).

• Orders can be batched and sent to your warehouse on a set schedule, or they can be sent to the warehouse as orders are placed.
  • We can send a CSV to your warehouse by email or place it on their FTP server.
  • The CSV that we send to your warehouse can be easily customized to match the warehouse's requirements exactly. We provide a very intuitive interface for configuring your CSV (and plenty of hands-on support).
  • After your orders ship, we import tracking back into Shopify (assuming that the shipment information is provided to us in a readable format).
    • Usually tracking is returned by the warehouse in a CSV or Excel file.
    • Tracking can be hosted by the warehouse (FTP server, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) or it can be emailed to us.

This entire process is usually fully automated, so - once it is set up - you shouldn't need to do anything to process your orders.

Let me know if you have any question.

Thanks,
Sina  

Drop shipping automation for Shopify. Order processing, catalog management, vendor portal, and more. https://duoplane.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

Yes this is a cumbersome process. What if the process is tweaked a little. For example, what if the complete process if handled by a single app. As soon as the order comes, you can yourself create labels for it without having to manually copy paste order information or without having to send a csv to the warehouse guy? With this app you will be able to generate labels with the warehouse address as the ship from address. Once the labels are generated and the orders are fulfilled, the tracking numbers are automatically transferred to the respective order without you having to manually update the individual tracking number by yourself. All this can be achieved with the Multi Carrier Shipping label app.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
127 0 14

Hi, my app Simple Purchase Orders can definitely meet your shop's needs. It allows you to set up suppliers and import products and set cost prices. You can then automatically generate purchase orders from orders your customers make and it will import all of the items they order and their address and email it to your supplier. It can also handle splitting orders into multiple POs where the items have different suppliers. This should help you reduce time spent fulfilling orders and eliminate mistakes.

Please check it out and let me know if you have any questions

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey everyone,

I know this is a little late but wanted to add this here in case any one else comes across it in the future.  We have an app called, EZ Fulfill, that I think can help here.  If your supplier is able to export the orders they've shipped and fulfilled to a CSV file our app will be able to update your orders tracking numbers and email your customers a notification that the order is shipping with their tracking numbers.  The orders will also get marked fulfilled.  You can upload the CSV file manually or you can set a schedule to read the file from an FTP/SFTP server or from Dropbox.  We have customers that have a similar workflow and they've found success with this process.

I hope this helps and if anyone has questions just let us know!

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
19 0 0

Hi There,

If you are still looking for a solution, Auto Fulfill app will work for you.

Auto Fulfill is an order management & Auto Fulfillment app,  whenever an order is placed in your shop, Auto Fulfill will send an order(order details) notification email to your respective supplier along with a link to enter the tracking numbers so the orders get fulfilled automatically in Shopify.

It saves time and money. You will also receive a notification of the orders that are fulfilled and unfulfilled.

Our live support team will set up the task in minutes

Thanks

0 Likes