Automatic capture on Paypal

2 0 0

Hello! I am currently starting with shopify and couple of hours after my first campaign I made 14 sales, so yey for me :D BUT, there is one issue - I can't find where to set paypal to automatically approve (capture) payments. If I get to a level of 100 orders per day I will have to hire one more employee JUST to press the button "capture", which is insane!
P.S. I have a background of sales in eBay so the idea of clicking an additional button after a customer has already paid sounds absurd. So any idea on automatization on that?
Thank you very much!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
181 0 9

Hey Digital Logistics,

Nick here from Shopify.

I'd suggest getting the Shopify Mobile app. This should allow you to capture the payments in an one the go fashion, when you have time. 

It's not possible to auto capture the payments, this is in fact also a security risk. I would always check all orders for potential fraud first. If you had auto capture on, you could possibly be immediately accepting fraudulent orders, which may cost you money. This is more a concern for credit card payments, however you can take those payments on paypal express checkout anyway. I'd default to security on that and take the time to capture orders.

Hope this helps!

Nicholas
Shopify Guru

0 Likes
2 0 0

I am aware of the potential risks with fraudulent orders. However, Paypal never bills the seller for a chargeback or anything like that and + we have a seller protection over there. For 2 years in eCommerce I have not lost a single chargeback and it is really a lot of hassle to manually capture every order.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
181 0 9

In that case, the image below will show you how to capture in bulk:

1 Like