Automatically Fulfill Certain Orders

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I have an issue regarding auto fulfillment. The way our store is set up is 90% of our orders are automatically fulfilled by Amazon FBA. For these orders we need to have the "automatically fulfill the order's line items" option checked under order processing. However, the other 10% of our orders are fulfilled through our office. We do not want these orders  automatically fulfilled since we have to package them and fulfill them ourselves. 

Is there a way to only automatically fulfill orders connected to our fulfillment center while not fulfilling orders we have to fulfill?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2472 129 406

@SethH wrote:

"automatically fulfill the order's line items"

Unless somethings changed that's a choice your making not a rule amazon requires, generally amazon syncs every ~hour then you manually request them to fulfill, with automatic that applies to EVERYTHING to avoid manual tedium.

Have you tried an app to trigger the fulfilment instead? https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=amazon+automatic+fulfill

Is your inventory setup with multiple locations? That lets you fulfill parts of the order separately though unclear if amazons automatic fulfillment will automatically not work depending on what you or tools are doing.

For your products that need manual office fulfillment you can also try giving them their own custom service using just a name and an email address at  bottom of page: Settings > Shipping >Custom order fulfillment > Add fulfillment service(or type G S S) 

Then set those products to use that custom service. Note that location inventory wont be available since your "custom" fulfillment service now handles "inventory"

Then run some test orders, remember to check the email you provided for your custom manual fulfillment since fulfilment will be automatic because that's what you have it set to for everything.

If that doesn't untangle that then the general settings "automatically fulfill the order's line items" can't fit your business requirement so you will need a 3rd party customization using the fulfillment api or an app.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

I'm just getting my store and shipping set up. Is it possible to set up automated shipping fulfillment by Amazon Marketplace Web? I would prefer if didn't have to manually click the "Request Fulfilment" button with every order.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
884 72 208

Hey Peter, I've been using 2 solutions for this:

a) If all your products are to be fulfilled by Amazon

1) Connect the amazon fulfillment service and match your product sku's and shipping. This article will help with the setup procedure: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/rates-and-methods/fulfillment-services/amazon

2) Then you can go to Settings > Checkout and select Automatically fulfill the order's line items.

Now all orders coming in will automatically be marked fulfilled (which will trigger the amazon fulfillment).

b) If some products are Amazon fulfilled, but some need to be manually fulfilled

In this case you'll need an app to automate that process. I built an app for this and use on a few stores. It's not live in the app store yet but it's working like a dream to automate fulfillment. If you'd like me to set you up with it contact me at joe@speedboostr.com.

For both of these, once the order is sent to Amazon, everything else is automated.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
884 72 208

The Order Automator app can automatically fulfill your orders with Amazon FBA products. I built it so if you need more features / customizations just hit me up 👍

Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites).
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey Joe,

I'm having the same issue as OP, but I use Deliverr instead of FBA. Do you have an app that will let me choose manual or auto fulfillment based on Deliverr stock, not Amazon?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
884 72 208

I'm not familiar with Deliverr, but you can create auto-fulfill rules with Order Automator.

Depending what Deliverr looks for, this may work... if not with the current app features, we can probably work out a custom installation. I got your email inquiry and will follow up there.

Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes