BILLING ERROR

Solved
BlessedBeauty
Tourist
10 0 1

I was billed a transaction fee although I cancelled the order and processed a refund for the customer.  I cancelled the order because it had too many red flags and came through as potential fraud.  I don't see a way of contacting shopify, the telephone number led me here.  Does the system automatically refund me the transaction fee I was billed?  

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1672 173 480

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @BlessedBeauty 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really great question. If a merchant refunds an order where a transaction fee was charged, you will receive a credit for that transaction fee if you refund an order through the Shopify Admin directly. If your payment gateway does not support refunds through Shopify and/or you refund an order through your payment gateway instead, you will not receive credit. As of March 1, 2020, new and existing US merchants will no longer be credited back transaction fees upon refunding an order.

If you are using Shopify Payments as your payment gateway you will not be subject to transaction fees. You can check to see if you meet the requirements for Shopify Payments hare. 

I hope this clears things up! 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog