Bank Account Set up Australia

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello,

I have a question about setting up my bank account. I live in Australia, have an Aus bank account but when i go to payments to provide my bank details it comes up with my banks routing number and account number. Is this my banks BSB number? I tried contacting support and they were unsure of Australian Accounts. 

thankyou

Bek

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
432 57 79

Hi @raiandco,

Hank here from Shopify. Really great question!

I researched, found out and can confirm you are correct, you would need to input your bank's BSB number into where it states the Routing number should go.

Once you have that added to your Payment Providers screen along with your Bank account number, this will be where your Shopify Payouts would be sent going forward.

Let me know if the above worked for you!

All the best, Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thankyou so much Hank

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Hi Hank,
A friend has sent me a photo of what their set up is. His comes up with the bank provided next to the bank details. But my does not? Just wondering why this is?

Thankyou
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
432 57 79

There may be a few reasons for this message not appearing for you, is your friend located in Australia also? 

Then currently, is the BSB number working for your store and you are able to receive payouts?

Lastly, are you and your friend using the same bank for the payments? It may just come down to a few reasons, but can you confirm the above for me? 

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Guy's,

When setting up my account details in Australia, Shopify simply will not accept my BSB number. It is a six-digit number 123-123 or 123123. Either way, this is entered it comes up as invalid and will not let you proceed. I have entered several bank account BSB numbers for both UK and Australian bank accounts and the same invalid message comes up. My accounts tick all the boxes required by Shopify.

When you talk to Shopify support they can NEVER help with anything worth knowing, they always say after about half an hour of stuffing around that they will escalate the issue and that someone will get back to me, this virtually NEVER happens.

I think Shopify offers very poor customer support. Let's see how this goes.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I got this working by typing in the numbers - not copy and pasting. hope this helps.

0 Likes