Bank Payout information

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hello,

I dont have a SSN, can I use the EIN of my fulfillment center in the USA to setup shopify payments? The details of the EIN is different from my bank account details supplied which I will want to use to collect my payments. Is this possible or will i face challenges in the future?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
424 22 66

Hi, @pystar

Thank you for reaching out to the community about that. Are you yourself located elsewhere, but your business operates fully out of the US? If you don't reside in the US however still have an operational presence there, you may still be able to use Shopify Payments! To be considered, we will require all of the following information: 

1. Government issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc. - non-US ID may be accepted).
  2. A Tax ID in the United States, either:
    1. EIN if you are an LLC/Corp; or
    2. SSN if you are the Sole Proprietor.
  3. Business registration document (registered in the US with the government).
  4. Proof that the business is actually operating from the US. This can include tracking showing that you are shipping from the US, or proof of a physical US address (not a forwarding address).
  5. A USD checking account, opened with a US banking institution. Virtual banks and currency services will not work for this, it must be a real US bank. 

If you're able to provide this information, then let me know and I'd be happy to email you privately so that we can get that review started for you!

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1
Yes I can provide all this information
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Yes I can provide all the request information. whats the next step?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
424 22 66

Hi, @pystar!

Okay, great! I've just sent you an email so if you'd like to respond there then we can get started. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

I have responded to your email with the requested docs and information.
Standing by for your response.

Kind regards

1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi there, 

I have an LLC, EIN, US address, and US phone number. My question is:- 

Will Shopify Payment be able to payout to Azlo Bank account with the same rate 2.9% + $0.30? I am hoping to avoid using any 3rd party payment gateway like Stripe to prevent the 2% transaction charge by Shopify.

Please let me know. Thanks. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
424 22 66

Hi, @babyshark

Thanks for reaching out about that. Azlo appears to be an online banking institution - is that the case? If so, typically you would not be able to use Shopify Payments with an account from this type of bank, as we do require a dedicated United States banking institution. You are welcome to try it, however we cannot guarantee that it will work. Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions. 

0 Likes