Bank State branch number Australia

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there, 

I'd just like to know how I should go about hooking up my Suncorp bank account to my Shopify account. I live in Australia and it says my bank state branch number is invalid. Why is this? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
178 24 27

Hi, @Corgler

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out today. Let’s get to the bottom of this!

The specific requirements for the bank account that is used for your Shopify Payments payouts are outlined in our Help Doc here.

Therefore, could you please confirm the following:

• Suncorp is a physical bank located in Australia
  • Your bank account is a full checking account in AUD currency
  • The account is able to accept BECS transfers
  • The Bank State Branch number being entered, is 6-digits long

If your account meets all of the requirements above and you are still not able to connect, please let me know. I’m here to help get this resolved for you.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
1 0 0

I am having the same issue, bank state branch invalid? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
178 24 27

Hi, @buysomejunk

I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble connecting your bank account to your Shopify Payments account too. I’m here to help.

Have you already confirmed that your account fits the requirements listed in my post above?

To define some items in that list more specifically, these types of bank accounts can result in an error message when trying to connect, because they are not able to receive payouts through Shopify Payments:

• Payoneer Accounts or other systems that mimic a bank account in another country
  • Savings Accounts
  • Flex Currency or any other type of speciality account
  • Accounts set up to only receive wire transfers

Let me know if your bank account fulfills all of the requirements, and I will continue to investigate this for you.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes