Solved

Can I redirect in-transit payments to a new bank account on Shopify?

Jea
Explorer
84 1 21

Hey guys, I just changed my bank details but the payment is for tomorrow and it's already in transit.

It might be too late but, is it still possible to get the money on the new account?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Jea . Thanks for asking this question!

I assume you are referring to the banking details of your Shopify Payments account, correct? Since it usually takes a few days for changes to your banking details to take effect, any scheduled payouts at the time of updating your details will be issued to the previous account. Therefore, since the transfer of your payout has already begun, I’m afraid it cannot now be adjusted to go to your new account. However, if the payout fails, it will be automatically retried to the new updated details. This should have been indicated at  the top of the window before you updated your bank account, as seen in the example below:

21-04-ksvbo-7czj0

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Jea . Thanks for asking this question!

I assume you are referring to the banking details of your Shopify Payments account, correct? Since it usually takes a few days for changes to your banking details to take effect, any scheduled payouts at the time of updating your details will be issued to the previous account. Therefore, since the transfer of your payout has already begun, I’m afraid it cannot now be adjusted to go to your new account. However, if the payout fails, it will be automatically retried to the new updated details. This should have been indicated at  the top of the window before you updated your bank account, as seen in the example below:

21-04-ksvbo-7czj0

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.