Based in Hong Kong but want Shopify payments in USD

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

HI - I am based in Hong Kong and so Shopify wants to pay me in HKD. I want to be paid in USD into my Hong Kong based multi-currency account. I don't want the conversion HKD/USD at all. How can I achieve this and with what payment gateway? PS I also have a UK based USD account.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I cannot use Stripe FFS!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I have been trying to figure this out also. It is very unfortunate that Shopify does not allow you to use Stripe in a country where Stripe is available. I do not really understand the reasons because they will get their 1% charge anyway. They should allow this especially if they cant provide same service as Stripe. Because Stripe have confirmed that they can allow USD for HK based business, only thats needed is a USD HK bank account. But Shopify has issues with it, so they should allow Stripe if they cant offer same as Stripe. As a business owner this is very annoying and I hope someone in Shopify will take action and fix this restrictions that do not make sense. This narrow-minded rules just hurt customers and business owners, it causes headache, and the exchange cost so much money. 

I would love to hear some explanations from Shopify regarding this issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

yes it sucks like a vacuum cleaner.

1 Like