Based in UK/Dropshipping in the US:payment help

2 0 0

Hello,

I am in need for help. I created my own shopify store, orders will be fulfilled through Oberlo and I will dropship from Aliexpress. Payments will be done through a business account (I have USD, EUR and GBP currency included in it).

I would like an advice from someone in the UK if he/she had an experience like this one. The business account has been created with Natwest Bank and they charge a high fee for every international payment (especially if it is an international currency transfer). 

What I need to know: do card payments to AliExpress qualify as international payments for business accounts? The fee for every international payment is >£10, which is not very profitable since I have to place one order at a time.

Is anyone who has placed orders with a business bank account from the UK on AliExpress to inform me if they paid any fees?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
86 2 2

Hi, there!

I did some digging here with our team to find an answer for you. Typically banks will charge the international fees if you purchase an international item. We do not have any control over this through Oberlo, since this would entirely depend on your bank.

You can also use other payment methods which are listed here on AliExpress’s website. They also have the option of paying with PayPal, too! Since AliExpress is a third-party, we would not be able to support questions directly about their payment methods, however you can contact them for assistance: Chat with AliExpress.

I also wanted to share with you our help doc on how to place orders on AliExpress: Ordering from AliExpress. This help doc includes a video tutorial with step-by-step instructions on what extensions are needed to start the order process, and takes you from the Oberlo dashboard to the payment process on AliExpress.

Perhaps other community members in the UK could provide some insight as well!

Tira | Social Support Team | support@shopify.com
0 Likes