Best App for Post Canada

Highlighted
18 0 0

Hi !

I would like to know what would be the best app to use for Post Canada, the main carrier I will be using.  I may also use Fedex for express shipping.  I am asking because I heard many negative reviews about the Post Canada free app.  There are other apps for shipping, which use many carriers, but I have not found any post that specify which one works great with Post Canada.  I am looking to simplify the shipping process as much as possible.  THanks !

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
71 0 10

Hi Karine,

If you'd like to try an app other than the Canada Post app for your shipping we have a number of apps that you can use.

Shippo is a free app which allows you to purchase Canada Post shipping labels and is well reviewed.

ShipRobot is also free and offers many different customizations to help make it the app that your business needs.

Shipstation will also allow you to purchase Canada Post shipping labels and connects to other sales channels such as eBay, Amazon and Etsy to offer you cross channel shipping support.

Those are some great alternatives to the Canada Post app. If you need some more app suggestions please don't hesitate to reach out to the Guru team!

Shippo: https://apps.shopify.com/shippo

ShipRobot: https://apps.shopify.com/shiprobot

Shipstation: https://apps.shopify.com/shipstation

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
68 0 4

DO NOT USE THE SHOPIFY CANADA POST APP . . . EVER! 
(for printing or creating labels)

Use SHIPPO (or a similar "third party" app) instead. It also handles Venture One (Small Business) accounts, (and also prints Company Name)

I have had this app (the Shopify one) installed and used on four storefronts for over a year - and it is not only a nightmare - but it calculates weights wrong and overcharges you - and - can also send the wrong measurements (which you don't even see) - that result in additional (second charges) for the same label by Canada Post onto your credit card.

Shopify Support - admits that this app does not work - and even they have recommended that I move to Shippo until the next version of this app (whenever that might be) is available.

I repeat -

DO NOT USE THE SHOPIFY CANADA POST APP . . . EVER! 
(for printing or creating labels)

Founder (Former CEO) of ActionFront Data Recovery Labs. Sold to Seagate Technologies in 2005 and happily "retired" at age 52. Now manage 4 x Shopify store fronts.
0 Likes
Highlighted
18 0 0

Thanks Nick for the comment !  Yes, I have read the numerous negative reviews for the Canada Post app and I was hoping to know, from canadian sellers who use Canada Post, which app works the best as per Canada Post and also, if there was an app that worked very well with both Canada Post and Fedex (or UPS). 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 3

I have used the Canada Post app for over a year now and have no idea what Nick is getting at.

1 - you enter the weight yourself... so how it's calculating it incorrectly is questionable.

2 - It pulls up the exact same shipping charges as does your Canada Post account if you were to log into EST online and do it yourself.

3 - You can not send the wrong measurements because again.... you send them yourself.  you pre-set your boxes and the drop downmenue is not difficult to figure out.... you click.... it drops.... you select your box.  Or.... you click.... it drops.... you select custom and you enter in measurements.

It's rediculously easy.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

Hello @Karine_Paquet ,

You can use the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app to handle shipping with multiple carriers (Canada Post and FedEx in your case). The app integrates easily with all the major carriers like FedEx, UPS, USPS, Canada Post, DHL, etc.

With the app, you can print the Canada Post and FedEx labels in bulk, schedule pickup for all your orders and also handle the order tracking.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

If you have your own Canada Post account, going with the Multi Carrier Shipping label app makes a lot of sense because, it provides you option to show real time rates at checkout, generate labels, generate manifests, request pickups as well as track shipments. Moreover, if you are also opting for FedEx as a carrier, going with FedEx + Canada Post is something which can be easily achieved with the app. The factors that makes it better than others are the following points : 

1. Multiple packaging methods like ;

a) pure weight based

b) dimensional weight

c) box packaging

d) packaging based on quantities

2. price adjustments in % as well as constant

3. Single window tracking of shipments from all carriers.

4. special services support like signature, hazardous goods, etc.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes