Best Shipping App That Actually Works?

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 3

Our problem continues with trying to find a shipping app which actually works. We are a new retail business and cannot continue to pay an additional monthly fee for an app which provides incorrect shipping costs. This is money out of our pockets.

We have tried Ship Station and Advanced Shipping Manager. Our weights and product measurements are dead-on accurate but several times the customer underpaid shipping costs based upon the final shipping weight. We were met with "you need to this this and that will correct the problem." Guess again and our concerns fell on deaf ears.

We also tried Shipping Easy and discovered it too provided incorrect shipping costs and saved us no money because of the fee to print labels. Again, a waste of time and energy.

We know we are losing customers because of the high shipping rates provided by Shopify. We have both UPS and FedEx accounts but still run into underpaid shipping costs by the customers. It is actually cheaper for me to package the products and take them to a local UPS or FedEx office for them to ship. Again, a waste of time and energy as a shipping app should be able to provide accurate shipping rates so I don't have the leave our retail store in the middle of the day.

Our products weigh as little as one ounce and as much as six pounds. Sizing ranges from being able to place the prouct in a small 1st class envelope to as much as a box measuring 15x12x12. It hard to use a default shipping package which says measures 12x12x8 and weighs approximatley eight ounces for our entire product line. 

Based upon your experience, what is the best shipping app? At this time I feel our only option is to complete our one year subscription with Shopify and then have our web designer/host switch us to a new ecommerce program which will work for our retail business and worldwide customer base.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1 0 0

You can use Shopify Shipping and then you just have to add your package sizes. Then you will get accurate rates and you won't see that generic "default shipping package". 

https://help.shopify.com/manual/shipping/shopify-shipping

It is only available with USPS in the States but it gives accurate rates and there is no monthly or per label fee.

This is in Settings > shipping > packages > "Add package"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 3

Every shipping box and packaging available is listed on our shipping page. There is no problem with me selecting the appropriate shipping envelope/box. The additional problem with Shopify is customers can only select 1st class, priority or express. They cannot select USPS standard post for very heavy boxes (20+ lbs.) which is why an app with UPS and FedEx is needed and reflects accurate shipping costs.

With Shopify, we cannot add the product dimensions to our listings which would help determine the correct package size. Many Shopify stores are seeing the same issues with no resolve in the near future.

Honestly, we never had these issues with our previous ecommerce templates program! I see a new ecommerce program later this year and probably why my web designer/host no longer recommends Shopify.

I will stay with Shopify if the problem is corrected. If not, good bye.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

You can use Easyship for accurate shipping rates! 

You can store your product dimension to avoid any up-charge of shipping cost. 

They provide full transparency in shipping cost => all included i.e shipping cost, fuel surcharge, handling fee, remote surcharge fee, etc. No surprise on the bill. 

You pay as you ship. No minimum 

They guarantee taxes and duties for international shipments

They have up to 70% discount on shipping cost with all couriers 

==> No brainer, this is the best shipping app.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
424 5 28

Hello @Robert70,

You can check out the FedEx Rates, Labels and Tracking app. The app helps you automate FedEx shipping Rates, including negotiated rates for your FedEx account, directly on the checkout page,

Also, the app allows you to configure the product weight as well as dimensions. With the box packing feature in the app, you can select the required FedEx boxes and also add custom boxes of your choice. With these values, the app automatically selects the correct box for your product which will help you save costs.

Apart from this, you can print FedEx labels in bulk, schedule pickup for all your orders and also handle FedEx tracking.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 14

@Robert70 : Are you using your own UPS account? Are you looking for the negotiated rates which are not matching with the counter rates?

You can do a small experiment to correct this issue. Head over to the UPS price calculator. Put your Ship from, destination address, weight, dimensions of the shipment, account number in the calculator and see the cost. This cost needs to be matched with those returned from the app. We hope your app is using your UPS account rather than their own account. You can try this with the Multi carrier shipping label app. This should resolve your problem.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes