Best Way to Support a Shopify Store in Two Countries and Two Currencies

Mark_Parker1
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi Everyone,

I hope this discussion is in the right place. I have spent the past few hours searching the forum but have not found an answer hence my question...

I have a store that is currently established in Australia selling in AUD. I want to replicate the store so that I can trade in NZD via an identical domain which is .co.nz.

Ideally I'd like to manage RRP, inventory, VAT/GST/Tax, and delivery fees for both countries via a single product set - i.e. when I create Product A I can nominate the Australian selling price and inventory, and also the New Zealand selling price and inventory etc.

We currently trade in NZD with eWay so we don't need any transaction or payment processing alternatives. 

Feedback I'd like from the community: 

• How are other Shopify customers managing multiple domains, currencies etc?
  • Is the simplest way to create a second Shopify account? 
  • Does anyone know of any supported third-party apps that provide this type of functionality?

cheers Mark

Elissa
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
47 0 22

Hi Mark! Hope your day is going well. 

My name is Elissa, and I'm on Shopify's Guru Team!

Our best suggestion is to open up a second store for the second language/currency. Right now, you can use an app like Localize.js to translate your storefront, but for currency each store can only accept one. 

To manage inventory between the stores, I'd suggest checking out Stitch Labs- it will help a lot with reporting and back end management between stores. 

We do have a discount we can offer for multi language/multi currency stores, if you want to get in touch with us (email: support@shopify.com) we can go over that with you!

Cheers, 

Elissa // Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Mark_Parker1
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi Elissa

I was afraid that was going to be the answer. Is there anyway I can clone the existing store? Or am I going to need to copy/paste all existing content across manually?

Mark

Hernando_Murill
Tourist
3 0 1

I'd like to see an answer from a Shopify Guru to the last question of Mark. Does the creation of a website clone with a different domain for a different country affect the SEO and ranking of both sites? Thank you. Hernando Murillo

Ron_Bertoncini
Tourist
3 0 1

Also interested in Mark's question. (CAD/USD for me)

Derrick_Guay
7 0 0

I would like to know this as well.

0 Likes
Wessel_van_Rens
2 0 0

And me. I would love to know if we can clone our stores on Shopify Plus?

0 Likes
Jessica_Walsh3
7 0 0

I have 3 stores (New Zealand, Australia and USA). I'd like one website that has a multicurrency option fir those 3 courntries and still be able to integerate with my 3 respective warehouses in New Zealand, Australia and USA. Does anyone know if this is possible?

0 Likes
Mark_Parker1
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi Jessica,

I'm still researching this as I need to add two more sites to my business before Xmas - Shopify doesn't support multi-store/multi-currency - you would have to set up multiple user accounts and maintain everything separately. 

None of Shopify's competitors offer this capability either - call me crazy but this smells like a great market opportunity for someone in this hosted/cloud commerce space! 

The two options I'm currently investigating are Odoo Enterprise or Acquia Cloud Site Factory. 

0 Likes
Mike_Potter
Shopify Partner
74 0 23

We built an app called Replay that will let you clone your store to another store for this exact reason.

It's available in the Shopify App Store at https://apps.shopify.com/copy-store

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Mike

Co-Founder, Rewind (Backups for Shopify). Apps: Rewind, Replay (clone and sync Shopify stores).
0 Likes