Best alternative integrated gateway to Stripe

Highlighted
2 0 0

I have a relatively small store we are about to launch, and I'm trying to figure out which of the many alternatives to Shopify's payment gateway would be the cheapest to use for an integraed payment gateway.  Some of the products we sell aren't allowed to be sold by stripe, and I'm trying to avoid paying Shopify's 2% transaction fee + the 2.9% fee most of the other options charge for a whopping 5% fee per transaction.  Anyone out there have any recommendations for another provider that would be a good alternative? 

Ideally, an option that provides a relatively low monthly fee plus a low per-transaction cost would be ideal.  And I'm in the U.S.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
113 0 5

Hello Brad!

Kassey here from the Shopify Guru team! I would recommend checking out the payment gateways 2Checkout and Authorize.net! Both of them offer competitive rates (2.9% + 30¢). Check out the pricing pages here: 2Checkout and Authorize.net. You can check out other payment gateways available to US merchants from our payment gateway doc!

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions - be sure to reach out to our Shopify Support Team!

Kassey
Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

HI Kassey,

Thanks for the response.  If I'm understanding how the payment gateway works, by using a non-shopify payment gateway, shopify will charge 2% in addition to what the third party charge (often 2.9% 30cents per transaction), right?  So by using 2checkout I'd be paying 4.9% + 30 cents per transaction.  I'm trying to avoid that 4.9% fee if at all possible and would welcome any thoughts.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hm. Shopify does not really seem to care about payment issues.

0 Likes